Biscuits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forgotten Biscuits

Ah yes I do remember Trio, they had a cartoon advert with a loudmouthed girl shouting....I also remember the name United but can't picture them.

and why would someone name a biscuit 'Barmouth'? Conjures up a picture of a rainy Welsh seaside town to me lol

Comment

Re: Forgotten Biscuits

loved United bars (I remember them from '83-84 at 6th Form College )

blue&white striped wrapper..football supporter waving scarf on front...chocolate outer, biscuit inner. There were defo TV adverts for them..again football-themed

had one every day from the tuck shop
      sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Re: Biscuits

purple biscuits! they had them in our school tuck shop they were about the size of a vicount they were shortcake covered in choc thet were wrapped in a purple foil does anyone remember the name of these biscuits?they were my favourite so you would think i would remember!

Comment

I used to love toffee yo-yo's when i was a kid. Trio and United were also my favourites. I loved the United's in the blue wrapper with the honeycomb type stuff in the top. Montego's were also very nice although not many people remember those. Also whatever happened to Abbey Crunch?? All these biscuits were mega popular. Why stop making them?
          Last edited by stuckinthe80's; 02-10-2010, 08:54.
          Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
            I used to love toffee yo-yo's when i was a kid. Trio and United were also my favourites. I loved the United's in the blue wrapper with the honeycomb type stuff in the top. Montego's were also very nice although not many people remember those. Also whatever happened to Abbey Crunch?? All these biscuits were mega popular. Why stop making them?
            Montegos were delicious,if I remember rightly they were ginger flavoured with a chocolate coating.

Comment

I remember the ginger Montegos but I think there were 3 flavours in total. Could be wrong though! I'd love to see a wrapper again!!

Comment

I don't remember Montegos (except of course, the Austin/Rover cars), but I think they were made by Rowntrees, as I seem to remember seeing an advert for them in the shop window of Arkwrights in 'Open All Hours' - one of the episodes from the early to mid '80s.

I bought a pack of mint Viscounts for the first time in many years the other day. They don't seem to have changed. Remember Extra Time United? - the same as a standard United biscuit but with a couple of extra chunks.
                "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

I've got all of OAH on DVD, & have spotted the Rowntree Montego ad mentioned above.

I used to like United Bars, but they seem to vanish sometime in the mid 1990s.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Hello, does anyone remember a biscuit, that may have been made by Jacob's, and consisted of a layer of lemon cream, sandwiched by two oblong pieces of cracker, the crackers had been glazed in lemon too????? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by lk_ie View Post
                      Hello, does anyone remember a biscuit, that may have been made by Jacob's, and consisted of a layer of lemon cream, sandwiched by two oblong pieces of cracker, the crackers had been glazed in lemon too????? Thanks.
                      They were called 'Lemon Puffs'. I loved them.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
                        They were called 'Lemon Puffs'. I loved them.
                        Thanks, I think you are right. Though Jacob's appear to have stopped making the oblong ones.(If I am wrong on this please let me know). Does anyone know if the oblong ones can still be purchased in Ireland for example? Thanks again.

Comment

United and Sports
                          Heather

Comment

huggie your making my mouth water.
                            they are both gorgeous.
                            Last edited by darren; 03-02-2011, 00:29.
                            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

anyone remember the biccies in the below.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibLOsoU__b0
                              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Were they actually sold in the UK Darren, they seem to be Australian?
                                Heather

Comment

Working...
                                X