Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stan and ollie

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
    It is about when they toured theatres in the UK, towards the end of their careers, because they needed the money. Apparently, they were well-received and quite grateful!
    Thanks Zaba
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
      So i'm off to the flix this weekend to see Stan and ollie, i go with a little trepidation but i have to say the critics reviews have been generally positive. watch this space
      How was it tex. Was it fair dictum or done in caricature. My elderly father in law has always maintained that Stan laurel was Australian -born. I keep maintaining he was English. He was as his birthplace is Ulverston, Lancashire. I always enjoyed the work Laurel & Hardy over say the Three Stooges or the annoying Marx bros.

Comment

I've been seeing all sorts of photos of the large ads on Buses in England, looks like they did a great job promoting this! Great reviews for the most part. I thought Coogan was good as Tony Wilson of Factory Records too in 24 Hour Party People, and I've seen Reilly be pretty deadpan funny in some U.S. comedies.
        My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
          How was it tex. Was it fair dictum or done in caricature. My elderly father in law has always maintained that Stan laurel was Australian -born. I keep maintaining he was English. He was as his birthplace is Ulverston, Lancashire. I always enjoyed the work Laurel & Hardy over say the Three Stooges or the annoying Marx bros.
          Fraid something else came up, maybe this weekend instead

Comment

So still not seen it and now its no longer showing at my local ......gutted!

Comment

I Have Watched The Stan & Ollie Film Twice Now it is really good i cried both times i dont know why but i did. it is a very funny and emotional film.

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Working...
              X