Duty Free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty Free

Remember that? It was about a married couple on hoiday in Spain (mid-late 1980's I think it was aired).

It starred Keith Baron and the woman out of the oxo advert I seem to remember!

Someone's just reminded me about it because they've just sent me the theme tune.

Re: Duty Free

Hello
    I remember it too ! Thought it was ok to start then got too silly
    Here's a link
    http://www.comedy-zone.net/tv/progra.../duty-free.htm
    It was Gwen Taylor Not Linda Bellingham (OXO Mum) as far as i can remember GT never did OXO?

Comment

I always was astounded how the same families kept turning up at the same resort at the same time.......

I had a feeling the couples would start "swinging" at any moment

Comment

i manage to catch it now nad again on Paramount depending on my shifts, not that keen really.
        "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

I've caught a couple of episodes of Duty Free this week on ITV3.

It's exactly how I remember it, looks rather dated now though tbh..........still had a couple of laugh out load moments!

Comment

yeah ive sen it a few times on itv 3 its not a bad show.
            but i if i saw it regular i might get to like it more undestand it better..

Originally posted by themilkman View Post
            I've caught a couple of episodes of Duty Free this week on ITV3.

It's exactly how I remember it, looks rather dated now though tbh..........still had a couple of laugh out load moments!
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Yeah Gwen Taylor..wasn't she in The Life of Brian? The 'stop pickin' your nose' woman? I too used to watch Duty Free. Speaking of Keith Barron, he played a more successful (if you could call it that) adulter in a mini series that was on in the early nineties called Take me home. Great it was.
              Last edited by ann22; 24-05-2013, 19:48.

Comment

Originally posted by ann22 View Post
                Yeah Gwen Taylor..wasn't she in The Life of Brian? The 'stop pickin' your nose' woman? I too used to watch Duty Free. Speaking of Keith Barron, he played a more successful (if you could call it that) adulter in a mini series that was on in the early nineties called Take me home. Great it was.
                I never knew she was in The Life Of Brian (one of my favourite films), until I looked up about her on IMDB yesterday

Comment

I loved watching duty free.Keith Baron was wonderful as the cheesy aging lover boy.

Comment

They've been showing it on ITV3 again and it still makes me chuckle.

Comment

A distant cousin "Bunny May" played the hotel manager in one of the series.

Comment

Duty Free was a great Series indeed - very funny without doubt. I have both video compilations of each Series which appeared to be great bargains from a Charity Shop - though sadly I think one of the videos has had it's best day's

Regardless though it is great to recall the 1980s and funny comedy - which Duty Free without doubt was, even though it seems a bit dated - it still holds it's own quite well I feel/think.

80sChav

Comment

Although set in Spain, the show was filmed entirely in LEEDS STUDIOS only for the concluding Christmas special was the budget found to film some scenes in Spain at the Don Carlos Hotel & Spa..

IT WASNT A BAD SHOW AT ALL ITS STILL SHOWN.
                          PERHAPS ONE OF THE LESSER KNOWN COMEDIES.
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I enjoyed this pleasant sitcom from the mid-80s. It did get a bit silly towards the end when ideas began to run out. I thought Joanna Van Gyseghem was such a babe .

Comment

I was a big young to watch this but have seen plenty of clips.

One of the women falling in a fountain is one I remember.
                              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                              X