70's or 80's scifi series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70's or 80's scifi series

Hi all, just caught a programme on cable which jogged my mind about a series I used to watch as a kid. I then went surfing for more info and found this great site. Not too sure on the name but the plot involved a young alien boy with special powers who ends up on earth and basically the has to avoid being traced by someone or something. The name SKY seems to keep popping into my head but I may have it confused with something else.
    Thanks in advance

Re: 70's or 80's scifi series

Was it Benji, Zax and the Alien Prince

Comment

could it have been "the boy from space"?, i remember vaguely watching this programme at school, the boy had white hair and was called beep-beep

Comment

Or Peep-Peep
        Last edited by sixtyten; 09-10-2008, 18:30.

Comment

There was a 70's series called just SKY, the main character.

Comment

heh heh, i never knew he was called Peep-Peep!, but then again i'm from the north-east, i always had a problem understanding regional accents
            Last edited by sixtyten; 09-10-2008, 18:30.

Comment

That is so strange as I was just thinking about this series the other day. I recall watching this in school when I lived in England. Not sure why we would watch this in school exactly but I remember looking forward to it. Has anyone come up with the name yet?

Comment

SKY
                http://juganet.com/welcome.htm
                http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185113/
                Last edited by sixtyten; 09-10-2008, 18:46.

Comment

Originally posted by rugga View Post
                  could it have been "the boy from space"?, i remember vaguely watching this programme at school, the boy had white hair and was called beep-beep
                  my god that was shown elsewhere, i remember that was'nt it "the boy from outer space".did you have the book as well we used to have to read after we watched the programme,christ i must've been about 8/9.
                  43 now
                  i'll get walking stick

Comment

Here's soem information that I found on the net which confirms the show as "The Boy From Outer Space". The clincher for me was the fact that we also read after watching the show. Here's the quote from the net "
                    BBC 10-part educational children's series tx. 1971. Intended as part of a teaching series for 1st and 2nd year Junior classes, who have difficulty learning to read. Tells an adventure story involving the arrival on Earth of strange people from Outer Space. Repeated in 1980 as part of the LOOK AND READ series (qv). "

Comment

No, I remember that but the show the original poster is referring to was definitely 'Sky'. Mid seventies serial about an alien kid lost on Earth. It was very creepy, and has sadly never been repeated or released on video or DVD.

Comment

Someone is currently flogging a DVD-R of "Sky" on ebay .
                        They also have the whole series of "The Changes"

Comment

I've been waiting to see Sky again since it was first shown. The whole series is now on YouTube YouTube - Sky Episode 1 "Burning Bright" pt.1
                          Wonderful stuff .

Comment

Gemini Man

Can anyone remember this Starring Ben Murphy one of my faverite actors.

Gemini Man - Sci-Fi on TV

Comment

I wonder about this show when I think about childhood TV---I can remember things like Zebedee and the Magic Roundabout or the Wombles, but kept stumbling on the sci fi series about a boy named Sky and he was always staring up into the trees and the wind would start blowing like crazy...glad to see I'm not the only one trying to remember it!

Comment

Working...
                              X