Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doctors' surgeries

Default Re: Doctors' surgeries

My earliest memories of doctors were when the doctor would visit the family home with her gladstone bag in hand, as a soft *** 5 year old i would be in bed (bottom bunk) and the glass thermometor would be presented and "popped" into my mouth. after 30 seconds it was removed and examined..."Hmm, stay in bed and eat chicken soup" was the usual advice," take two asprin every four hours and you will be right as rain"....and usually you were.
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Thinking about the direct link between doctors and coronavirus, does anyone think that now we have experienced the depth of coronavirus and its impact that it might change our perceptive of seeing the doctor a bit more now?
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Been to pick up my repeat prescription today,no one is allowed in the surgery unless you have an appointment,just go to the chemist next door only 2 allowed in at one time.Give your name the pharmacist goes get your supplies it's much better this way,before you had queue in doctor for your prescription,take it next door hand it to the assistant wait 10 to 15 for it.They should have had that routine a long time ago

Is a doctor allowed to prescribe medication to be collected at a specified chemist shop?
    My doctor sends the prescription to the Pharmacy opposite to the Practice.

It's not that easy to see a doctor anymore.I did manage to see one about a month ago,but it was made that difficult I don't think I will bother again for some time until things ease off a bit.Just means like so many other people I will have to suffer with a much more serious problem for a bit/lot longer then necessary.

It's OK saying the doctors are still here for us treating other things outside Corvid, but it's not till you need to talk to one face to face you realize just how difficult that has been make and to somebody who suffers from anxiety and depression as well it's now almost impossible at the best of times.Hard enough just to make contact at times when things were normal.

Went to the doctors on thursday actually, got a same day appointment no problem. Bad news is i have another damn kidney stone, hurts like hell, now i'm waiting for a hospital appointment to have it shattered
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    Went to the doctors on thursday actually, got a same day appointment no problem. Bad news is i have another damn kidney stone, hurts like hell, now i'm waiting for a hospital appointment to have it shattered
    Oh not again

Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    Oh not again

I have been using that phrase quite a bit for obvious reasons.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!