Weird Review Of The Year - BBC2 90's Short Docu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Review Of The Year - BBC2 90's Short Docu

Before or after The X-Files on BBC2 sometime in the 90's, there was a short documentary in 2 parts (10 mins each if I remember) about weird events that had happened in the world over 12 months. I'm not sure which year this was broadcast but I do know it was Tom Conti that was the narrator. There's something in my mind saying it was called Weird Review Of The Year or something along those lines. Does anybody else remember it?

Re: Weird Review Of The Year - BBC2 90's Short Docu

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0229603...nm_flmg_slf_30

Comment

Thanks for the link Gothic but this wasn't on BBC2 even though it has Tom Conti as the narrator. The documentary I'm looking for dealt with strange and weird events all over the world and not just Britain.

Comment

I searched for "Weird Review of the Year" and "Mysterious Britain" on the Genome but couldn't find anything - was this on Channel 4 rather than BBC 2?
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I think it was called Fortean Review of the Year and was part of BBC2's Weird night in 1994. It is on Youtube in 3 parts. Just search for 'BBC Weird Night- The Fortean Review of the Year 1994'.

Comment

Brilliant staffslad, this is indeed the programme I was looking for. Thanks a lot for helping me out.

Comment

Originally posted by akb48fan View Post
              Brilliant staffslad, this is indeed the programme I was looking for. Thanks a lot for helping me out.

Glad to have been of help. If I remember correctly, Weird Night was shown at least partly due to the success of The X-Files at the time.

Comment

If it was back in 1994 it must have been shown during the 1st season of the X-Files. I was hoping at the time that the Fortean Review Of The Year documentary was going to be a regular occurrence over the next couple of years but it was just a one-off which disappointed me.

Comment

Working...
                X