Once A Year People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once A Year People

Does anybody have memories of people, relatives or friends, adult or child, they used to see only once a year?

My one memory is of a girl called Angela. She was from Tewkesbury, and I believe she used to live on a farm.

She used to visit her grandmother once a year, for two weeks, during the school summer holidays. Her grandmother, Mrs Ivins, lived two doors away from me. Her grandmother and my grandmother, were very good friends. I used to look forward to Angela visiting, although she was a little older than me. Angela also had a sister who also visited her grandmother. I can't remember Angela's surname, or the name of her sister. Angela seemed to be part of the summer scene. One summer she missed her visit, I looked out for her all through the holidays.

Time moved on. Mrs Ivins moved into a flat, and I never saw Angela again.

One little part of my childhood.

Angela....a girl of summertime.
    She's possibly a grandmother herself now.
    Who cared about rules when you were young?

Re: Once A Year People

I had a few cousins whom i saw once a year i remember throwing a bucket of cold water over one of them she didnt expect it. That was the last time they visited back in the early 90's somewhere between 1990 and 1993.

They actually came to visit my granny whom they
    stayed with.

They came every year thru the eighties and a few yrs in the nineties as far as i remember.

Same with an uncle who id really only see on christmas day when wed all gather round a huge dinner table thru the eighties up until say mid to late nineties.
    Last edited by darren; 28-02-2019, 17:28.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
      I had a few cousins whom i saw once a year i remember throwing a bucket of cold water over one of them she didnt expect it. That was the last time they visited back in the early 90's somewhere between 1990 and 1993.
      I wonder if the cold bucket of water had anything to do with it?
      Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

There was a girl, called Claire, who used to stay with her grandmother, down the road from me, in the summer holidays.

Comment

Working...
        X