RIP Luke Perry (aged 52) mostly known for 90210

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Luke Perry (aged 52) mostly known for 90210

He had a stroke last week but also passed away yesterday.

Bad day for the 90s.

Re: RIP Luke Perry (aged 52) mostly known for 90210

Perry must have been in his mid 20s when he first played the teenage character he was famous for in Beverly Hills 90210 in the early 1990s, at a time when actors used to get a lot of stick for playing teenagers when they were actually in their 20s, what some later knew as the decade went along as the "Hollyoaks" factor of hiring older actors to play the parts.

52 is no age.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

RIP Luke Perry (aged 52) mostly known for 90210

Comment

I had heard once or twice about Luke as a person you know o/hear of but you don't know exactly what they do - like he was "the guy from next door done good" Apparently he took fitness regimes/gym etc really well and was into Bodybuilding and the like (as I am too), but I never knew it was Beverley Hills 90210 that made him famous

52 is no age to pass away and is really sad. Immense fair play Luke did so well, to him, as as with Gladiators and Baywatch back in the day you'd need that really, really good image of a guy/gal who looked well I'd imagine

RIP Luke Perry

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
          Perry must have been in his mid 20s when he first played the teenage character he was famous for in Beverly Hills 90210 in the early 1990s, at a time when actors used to get a lot of stick for playing teenagers when they were actually in their 20s, what some later knew as the decade went along as the "Hollyoaks" factor of hiring older actors to play the parts.
          Yeah he always seemed older but as I grew up with Happy Days and the definitely older looking Fonz hanging out with teens it didn't seem much of an issue to me back then.

Comment

Yes, Henry Winkler did look around 50 years of age when he was in Happy Days - I bet he was someone who had not aged in the decades to come because he looked older from the start. On the other side of the coin, for obvious reasons, dramas have actors in their 70s if they happen to play characters who reach their 100th birthday.
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
              Yes, Henry Winkler did look around 50 years of age when he was in Happy Days - I bet he was someone who had not aged in the decades to come because he looked older from the start. On the other side of the coin, for obvious reasons, dramas have actors in their 70s if they happen to play characters who reach their 100th birthday.
              I never really thought about his age ... I just took him as being older than the others ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I suppose the surname "Winkler" is rather ironic in that respect.
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Henry Winkler was 28 when the series first aired, the character was supposed to be around 19-20 apparently at the start, hence the "big brother" type vibe (unless you were a teen girl in the series).

Comment

He looked about 50 at the time - a sort of Cliff Richard in reverse if you like.
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                    X