Claim to fame as a kid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Claim to fame as a kid?

It's Cool, Wish Our School Done Something Like That. I'm Jealous Now You Know
    "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

The chocolates bombed at the shops though

Comment

I can't honestly say i rememeber them
        "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

Originally posted by andria View Post
          MAY i ASK WHICH PUB, JUST IN CASE I'VE EVER BEEN?

the pub is in kendal.

the fleece inn, on the main street.
          http://www.visitcumbria.com/kendal/k...ldshambles.htm . wow, just found this....now the memories have come back.

Comment

wow Cal nice find.
            Heather

Comment

I had a picture shown on Granada's ill-fated Saturday morning show - Fun Factory with Jeremy Beadle and Kurt Knobbler the robot around 1980!

Got a badge and a letter signed 'Beadlebum'

Comment

Never been on TV but I did go for a screen test to be a reporter for 80's kids tv show SPLASH when I was about 12. Didn't get the job but got a free trip to London!

Two kids from my school however did get bit parts on Jossy's Giants. Not for their acting skills though, just because they could play football and they were Italian, which the storyline called for. Another kid that lived around the corner from me got a part in another kids tv show but I can't remember what it was now. All I remember is being dead jealous.

Comment

Ok this may be a little tenuous but our school had a trip to go and see Jim'll Fix It being recordedin London. All i really remember was that Madness were on this particular show and one of the guys playing a trumpet knocked over the microphone stand while the musicplayed on and they had to start it all again.

Anyway they also had to swing the cameras in to the audience for a surprise for some kids parents, well as luck would have it i was sat directy behind the parents in question and when the cameras were on them/me i stood up and shouted HELLO MUM. If you look really close you can see one of the teachers leaning forward and clipping me round the head lol...i was a star for all of about 10 minutes :-)

Woff

Comment

Comment

Stunner!!! todays parents would have the teacher up in court, video evidence and all!!
                      Last edited by Heather74; 25-04-2007, 14:19.
                      Heather

Comment

i was at liverpool lime street station for the last ever episode of the liver birds! can't remember the year but i was still at school mid 70's maybe!
                        sigpic

Comment

When I was 5 I was asked to do a commercial for The Ronald McDonald House but wouldn't do it cause I was afraid of Ronald all clows actually. And yes I amit at 25 I'm still terrified of clowns. Amistad,and Me Myself and Irene were filmed 20 mins from my house and scenes from True Lies were too. Oh and Brotherhood which airs on showtime is filmed here. I got to meet jason Issacs he's sooo nice.
                          Last edited by Bren41882; 07-06-2007, 07:23.
                          "Flounder don't be such a guppy"-Ariel

Comment

My only claim to fame is a letter published in Mickey Mouse comic when I was about 7. I don't even remember sending the letter but one day I received a letter and a package; a Pete's Dragon story on a 45" vinyl disk. A couple of weeks later the letter appeared in the comic. Would love to get a copy of the comic to show my kids .. I never kept the original.

Comment

I was in a Nik Kershaw video. Wide Boy. They wanted some teenage girls dressed in 50's style clothes to chase him in the video, so they contacted some of us from the fan club. Went up to the Brixton academy for the day. Can just about see me grinning behind the other girls who could run and push faster than me! that was my two seconds of fame!!

Comment

What a cool memory though, Pantherpink!
                                sigpic
                                'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Working...
                                X