X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Claim to fame as a kid?

Originally posted by kazboot View Post
    What a cool memory though, Pantherpink!
    yes it was Kaz. I still love Nik to this day and enjoy watching that video still. Mind you I do remember being disappointed at the time, because he was really moody that day and didn't really bother with his fans much. Shame. 25 years on, I am determined to meet him after a gig I am going to in March and finally get a decent photo with him, and tell him what a grumpy sod he was that day! haha :-D

Comment

Went on a school trip once to a heritage site and David Bellamy happened to be there making a programme. That was quite exciting and he said hello to me. I ended up on the local news a couple of times doing stuff with the school - learning how to live in the middle ages at a castle somewhere where we all got dressed up and made soup, and doing an anti-toxic waste march round an industrial estate near our school. That is as good as it gets for me...oh and my high school was opposite the sweet factory owned by Denise Welshs' family. It was called Welshs' - funnily enough - and we'd get all the good chocolatey minty sugary smells drifting over on the wind.
      1976 Vintage

Comment

In about 1979 we went to Benidorm and whilst there had our picture taken for the Thompson Summer Sun Brochure, it was used for 3 or 4 years after that. Would love to get hold of a copy now, but I don't think it's the kind of thing people keep!
        sigpic

Comment

as an 11 year i looked uncannaly like a grange hill character of the time called pogo patterson id never been so popular as a fat red haired kid
          i would have kids stopping me and asking me for my autograph nearly everyday i didnt know the actors name so i scribbled pogo on their paper

Comment

Also had my photo taken with some British Olympic body builder woman - can't remember who she was or exactly what she did but we had done a sponsored something or other running around the field at school I think, it was something to do with Weetabix as there was a certificate with the photo stuck on it and a picture of one of those Weetabix men.
            1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by n3llyo View Post
              as an 11 year i looked uncannaly like a grange hill character of the time called pogo patterson id never been so popular as a fat red haired kid
              i would have kids stopping me and asking me for my autograph nearly everyday i didnt know the actors name so i scribbled pogo on their paper
              When I was younger, I met the actor who at the time was playing Pogo Patterson in 'Grange Hill'. I asked him for his autograph on a piece of paper I had, but he just scrawlled 'Pogo'..................Hang on a minute!!!! - No, only kidding!

My only claim to fame was getting a drawing published in the 'Luck Of The Draw' section of 'Eagle & Tiger' comic in about '83 or '84. At the time, the comic ran a strip called 'The Computer Warrior' about a kid who had to play computer games for real inside his friend's computer to rescue his friend who was trapped in there doing the same thing. My drawing was of him and a racing car he used in one of the games. I was so proud, and I got a £3 postal order for it as well.
              "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Do you know the issue number? I have a load of Eagle & Tigers, I might have the piece

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                  Do you know the issue number? I have a load of Eagle & Tigers, I might have the piece
                  I don't know it off the top of my head, but it had 'The Smog' in large letters on the cover.

Comment

Eagle/Tiger merged in '85. Are you sure it wasn't just the relaunched Eagle?

Comment

I think I got the date wrong, it must've been about 1986.

Comment

Issue 195, tracking it down now

Comment

That's the one. It featured a double-page 'Luck Of The Draw' and my drawing was top of the second page.

Comment

I can't believe I'm getting excited about seeing the inside page of Eagle and Tiger comic
                            "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

I was 13 when I drew the picture (in biro pen), and at the time I lived near Chatham in Kent - in Walderslade, actually, but I was credited in the caption as being from Chatham.

Comment

I had a letter printed in The return of the jedi magazine on the pen pals page and i also met Steve Bull when i was on the crime prevention comitee.

Comment

Working...
                                X