Claim to fame as a kid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Claim to fame as a kid?

My claim to fame was when I was on a school trip and went on the Mersey Ferry, Gerry Marsden of Gerry and the Pacemakers fame was on board filming for Ferry Across The Mersey, and whilst he was singing the theme, me and a few of my pals are in the background. What fun we had.

Comment

Only in the audience of It's a Knockout '69 when appeared Pitville Park Cheltenham uk
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

i met tom baker when he came to our primary school. great guy and my favourite dr.

Comment

I was in the audience for "lift off" with Ayshea burroughs, Lynsey de'paul was on it
          Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

My brother played glockenspiel on a BBC schools programme...
            Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

I don't suppose it really counts but some of us at school was chosen to appear as "extras" (if that wasn't too exaggerated) in a school playground scene for a BBC 2 Screen Two drama that was shown in early 1992. Our headteacher was also involved as well. The afternoon of Tuesday 4th June 1991 was when it happened - we got to "legally" miss a couple of lessons as a result which wasn't too bad at all!

We were just in the background but I supposed that we were needed as the playground was to be seen in the background - no, we weren't paid as far as I know.
              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

DYRers there is now a dedicated nostalgia thread called TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE in Misc Memories. We can talk of your early memories there.

Comment

Think I was once in an episode of CBTV aged about 7 or 8. I was taking a swimming lesson at the time and Mike Smith was filming a segment in the pool. I was pretty close to him and I remember most of the girls swooning at him. Lol

Comment

I drew cartoons, that seemed to be about all most kids wanted me for. The teacher even had me teach the class once or twice how I constructed them. I wasn't really any good but I'd had a couple tips from a grandmother that drew and was fairly comic book or cartoon collections crazy from being ill in bed for various stretches. I don't think of myself as a natural artist at all, it was always the struggle just to get something half decent or to entertain myself.

My 'avatar' here is a cartoon of myself my BF/significant other used on one of his CD releases.
                    My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Working...
                    X