Claim to fame as a kid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim to fame as a kid?

Anyone been featured on TV shows/comics/magazines as a kid.

Mine would have to be Whizzer & Chips using my 'nasty' design to defeat Super Steve in Super Steve vs NME Nasties. Mine was the 'Volcanic Porridge Monster' and the story was about people in Scotland cancelling their orders for porridge cos the VPM would appear in the bowl. Steve defeated it by blowing the Loch Ness water with his breath and putting it out.

Re: Claim to fame as a kid?

not been featured on anything but open all hours was filmed at the top of my street, i used to go up and regularly watch it, also used to have nurse gladys's autogrpah

Comment

They once filmed "Songs of Praise" in our local church and grotto. They recently Filmed Miss Potter in the Lake District, 20 min drive from my house.
      "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

I was in an ad (along with thousands of others,i must add) when the school and other local schools filmed the ad for a long forgotten box of chocs called Festival (bit like Roses).It was a national TV campaign.
        I have the ad somewhere,I will post it later

Comment

In about 1983, I was briefly on a Radio 1 show in the evening, I think it was called 'Talkabout', the subject was bereavement. It wasn't live, and I didn't meet any DJs, I was interviewed in a tiny office in the bowels of the BBC centre, it took about 2 hours, and they ended up using 1 sentence
          When I went to class the morning after it was broadcast, the "cool" kids regarded me with awe for about 5 minutes, then went back to treating me with their usual contempt.
          The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir.

Comment

RE Daz's advert
            cant wait to see that, will be wanting your autograph later

I dont remember anything about this, just know what I've been told, I'd be about 18 months old I think, and We went to see Tizwoz Live, my mum tells me they were throwing records into the audience and she caught one between her ankles, as she bent down to pick it up,someone from behind snatched it before she could grab it .
            Heather

Comment

The festival ad..(I'm in the middle to the right)
              http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?use...6&ctime=210254
              Last edited by sixtyten; 29-03-2007, 21:14.

Comment

wow way to go daz, thats quite something did you get a box for doing it???
                Heather

Comment

Yes..we all got a free box. there were not that great, a bit like Harlequin,If they still make those.

Comment

yep think they do, even If not I know the ones you mean.
                    Heather

Comment

i was on look north with stuart hall ....think it was 78-79.

they did an artical on my folks pub because it was haunted.

wonder if its lurkin around on the net somewhere.

Comment

Kkkooolll

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
                          The festival ad..(I'm in the middle to the right)
                          http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?use...6&ctime=210254
                          that must've took some planning to get right, well done you.
                          "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

Originally posted by Cal View Post
                            i was on look north with stuart hall ....think it was 78-79.

they did an artical on my folks pub because it was haunted.

wonder if its lurkin around on the net somewhere.
                            MAY i ASK WHICH PUB, JUST IN CASE I'VE EVER BEEN?

Comment

It was filmed on the school playing fields and we are sitting on a giant scaffold, all holding various 12" x 12" coloured cards. it took all day, while a guy shouted instructions over a tannoy to us. a day off school and a free box of chocs, not bad

Comment

Working...
                              X