Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 25 Years since leaving school

Originally posted by darren View Post
    The day i left i can still remember hardly anyone showed up as you would expect can remember what part of the school i left through even the very door i went through..

i must say leaving school was the best day of my school life.

I left in 1992 OR WAS IT 93.
    I think that too on reflection/in retrospect Darren mate - my day I left was'nt even "a given day", we just did our Exams and in those did you had your GCSE Results posted 9or I did) as we lived in the Country. So that was the end of it then really until I had the 6th Form offer/chance. Nothing of that Spring to Summer I left rings any Bells at all mate!

80sChav

Comment

Re: 25 Years since leaving school

I do know that from my school days, I received three Christmas cards - two from former teachers and one from a girl (now a woman) who was in my form.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

As I am writing this on Friday 15th March 2024, I thought that I would bump this thread up again as a "celebration" of 30 years to the day since leaving school for the last time. Freedom for social citizenship! It happened at 3.10 pm, etc...

I recently found out that the very last teacher who I saw in a classroom before I left for good on that Tuesday afternoon had passed away last year. There have been other staff who has since passed away after I left which I suppose deserves tributes.

My school years were no bed of roses and I still transpose the words: "school" for "prison", even referring to the teachers as "screws" and all that. But not while I actually inside the place.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I missed my 40th anniversary last year. Oh well, just going to have to wait 9 years to celebrate the 50th.

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
            As I am writing this on Friday 15th March 2024, I thought that I would bump this thread up again as a "celebration" of 30 years to the day since leaving school for the last time. Freedom for social citizenship! It happened at 3.10 pm, etc...

I recently found out that the very last teacher who I saw in a classroom before I left for good on that Tuesday afternoon had passed away last year. There have been other staff who has since passed away after I left which I suppose deserves tributes.

My school years were no bed of roses and I still transpose the words: "school" for "prison", even referring to the teachers as "screws" and all that. But not while I actually inside the place.
            I'll be reaching my 30th anniversary of me leaving school in June, I can't remember the exact date I had my last exam but it was certainly in the month.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

42 years since i left

Comment

Working...
              X