Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 25 Years since leaving school

Default Re: 25 Years since leaving school

It was 30 years for me on 26th May, half day at school in the morning with a leavers assembly and then off to the pub across the road for a couple and then our leavers' ball on the night. There was of course A levels to go back and do in June. The school has been knocked down and rebuilt since but on the same site.

Hard to believe it was 30 years ago but it does feel like a long time now.
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

The day i left i can still remember hardly anyone showed up as you would expect can remember what part of the school i left through even the very door i went through..

i must say leaving school was the best day of my school life.

I left in 1992 OR WAS IT 93.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Quote Originally Posted by darren View Post
    The day i left i can still remember hardly anyone showed up as you would expect can remember what part of the school i left through even the very door i went through..

i must say leaving school was the best day of my school life.

I left in 1992 OR WAS IT 93.

This confirms we must be lost twins Darren pal, as I can not even recall my last do (par exam times) and I still can't recall through that neither ever!!

Though of course I went onto do 6th Form - for half a year, so like your great Man U Boss Fergie - I had two times when I said I was leaving lol

In saying this though I miss school and so wish I had the chances to be more "daring" and experience it's culture more and hang out with the tough guy's etc - and they are the few things I would change mate!

80sChav

Ps mate check your In-box btw mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletino View Post
    I think I left in 1987, I was indifferent to leaving I think. My head always seemed foggy at the time, still does mostly.

I was only in Year 6 (in Today's currency, or last year in Primary) then Mulletino mate. - so that makes about 5 years between our ages, but either way it's still cool recalling such memories - like I had a mate who's brother was in the 5th Year when we was in the first and an ex-next door Neightbour there too in the 5th who I re-made contact with in about 2005 (before she became an ex-next door neighbour mind) and we both still knew each other like yesterday though we'd only met an handfull of times before)!!

I will send you that PM tonight mate I kept promising, sorry - just as had family issues and every mormning I have checked in .... I note you was on on an vening/night (in UK time) mate

80sChav