Dollar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dollar

How many Dollar fans do we have on this forum?

They were one of my favourite pop outfits as a kid and teenager, they looked and sounded great and had a wonderful chemistry between them on stage and on TV and videos. Many music critics at the time agreed there was something very special about the whole production work on their singles which were mainly produced by Trevor Horn and Chris Neil.

My favourite songs by them are:

1) Who Were You With In The Moonlight?
    2) The Girls Are Out To Get Ya
    3) I Want To Hold Your Hand
    4) Mirror Mirror
    5) Shooting Star
    6) Oh L'Amour
    7) Star Control - B-side to 1)
    8) Dia Y Noche - B-side to "It's Natures Way"
    9) Talking 'bout Love - B-side to 5)
    10) Hand Held In Black & White

Out of them, number 2 was the only one that didn't exactly set the charts alight. They were trying to dabble in guitar oriented rock and enlisted The Sweet's producer Phil Wainman to produce it. Whilst I like it, most Dollar fans think it's their worst song.

Since officially splitting in 1989 they haven't exactly scored major success being solo artists. David Van Day dropped out of music for a while to start a family and sell hot dogs and hamburgers, whilst Thereze emigrated to Sydney and her son Sam ended up on the reality music show "My Kid's A Star".

David is now married to Sue Moxley and they perform at oldies gigs, and he is a keen supporter of the Conservative Party.

Re: Dollar

Didn't David join Bucks Fizz for a bit?

I quite liked them. I remember "I Want to Hold Your Hand", "Mirror Mirror", and "O L'Amour".

Comment

How many Dollar fans were expecting this!
      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

"Three Of A Kind" (1982)
        Please don't tell anybody
        that we're the real Duran Duran!
        We're just happy pretending
        to be our own greatest fans...

( Mitch Benn)

Comment

Dollop? lol
          sigpic
          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Therese always gorgeous... think she is living in Sidney right now.....

Comment

Working...
            X