Mod Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod Revival

Anyone remember the brief Mod revival of the late 70s, probably due to the popularity of Quadrophenia? Yes, I got caught up in it a bit and had a parka and Mod haircut. I didn't wear a suit and sadly never had a Lambretta...and I certainly never went down to Brighton for scraps with any Rockers.

Re: Mod Revival

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
    Anyone remember the brief Mod revival of the late 70s, probably due to the popularity of Quadrophenia? Yes, I got caught up in it a bit and had a parka and Mod haircut. I didn't wear a suit and sadly never had a Lambretta...and I certainly never went down to Brighton for scraps with any Rockers.
    I can not recall it Staffslad but I know of the film with the amazingly talented Phil Daniels in it (who I know more of as the irritating but iconcic Kevin Wicks) on EastEnders - Circa 2006-07-ish

I recall at School we all wanted to be like Paul Weller - hence wearing our ties thin side out as Paul often wore a skinny tie that resembled the 60s era and that we copied his hair too. I don't know - but think it'd be say to say he was the kind of guy people would copy as opposed to the great John Travolta if you had lesser money to attain the look, though as well I'm unsure if Paul was a mod - but I think it'd be say to say he was, as he certainly was'nt Ska/Punk etc in my opinion!

80sChav

Comment

I remember the mod revival, people wearing parkas, brogues and sta press etc. We lived near Southend so often saw the groups down there.
      During the early 60s my dad was a rocker and often recalls tales of going from London to Brighton and Southend to "beat up skinny mods".
      When us kids arrived his fighting days ended (mostly) so moving to the coast was less of a problem.

Comment

There were also some bands that sprang up during the Mod revival of the late 70s such as The Lambrettas and Secret Affair. If I remember correctly, The Who's early songs from the original Mod era also became popular again.

Comment

I remember it well but I've never been a copyist, so did not buy into the fashion
          Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Rocker here.
            Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Fight!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                Fight!
                Not with my back, know whadda mean?
                Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                  Not with my back, know whadda mean?
                  I was just making a suggestion! I am available to hold coats!

Comment

I’ll do the video recording and upload to YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                      I remember it well but I've never been a copyist, so did not buy into the fashion
                      Me neither at the time in the 80s par the tie thin but I have grown to admire the extremley short Shirt Collar look - like Michael Moon on EastEnders had that went with a skinny tie (made reverse tied or not) and all the other mod clothing razmataz that goes into being a mod!!

Comment

This was an interesting watch, not the revival but the originals.

https://www.facebook.com/10086509695...77096789330020/

non-FB version - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04ch7h2

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
                          This was an interesting watch, not the revival but the originals.

https://www.facebook.com/10086509695...77096789330020/

non-FB version - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04ch7h2
                          Thanks Mulletino it looks a good watch as does the shopping 1 in-particular that's underneath it

I don't get personally why people say people should grow out of thes Fashions - as to/for me the Mod look was it and a t school and not at school with the thin tie/and short shirt collars (which I am so grateful I was not a 70s kid) though I was for 2 years but never donned those horrid awful John Wayne/Glenn Campbell Wide Collared Shirts

It never leaves peope I think - though people say why do you never get over it - it's all little the individual elements as well too mind I think - even down to Doc Martins etc in the late 80s/early 90s and the likes and even watching Everyone Wants to Rule The World's Video - they made Polo shirts trendy for sure no doubts!

I hope yoyr keeping okay btw and I'll drop u a PM , or if you want to send me one and we can disscuss the old Blighty Days - whoever get's to the PM thing first mate

Cheers!!

80sChav

Comment

I have just watched the Shopping Video and it was good - but a waistcoat over a Striped Jumper .... no-way!

Waistcoats for me (are and should be the preserve of Snooker and posh posh hotel do's) and nothing else really par waiters of course!

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                            X