The Murder Of Jill Dando

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Murder Of Jill Dando

Did Anyone Watch This The Other Night On BBC 1? i did it was quite intense and interesting to watch.

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Re: The Murder Of Jill Dando

I didn't watch it because I just feel that despite the 20th anniversary of her murder is this month, I would have preferred to let the woman rest in peace, and to respect her family and friends. I just would have felt that there would be too much speculation as to who killed her. Remember, this was not a game of Cluedo or some guessing game - it wasn't Colonel Mustard who did it, or Jack the Ripper. I want to think of Dando as someone who did some good while she was alive - her stint as a Crimewatch presenter would be her legacy because she was helping solve crime and making society a lot safer as a result - the fact that Dando was the only person to have both presented Crimewatch and had also been featured in one of the reconstructions as a victim. I want to think of her as a talented person on the television and not as a murder victim.

I sometimes tune into BBC Radio Bristol and online, and I sometimes hear her brother Nigel Dando on the air - I think that he is continuing her memory as a broadcaster and that is very important that he does that. Her legacy also extends to him as well. Managed to get a signed photograph of Dando in late 1998, writing c/o TV Centre London W12 etc, just a few months before she was killed - out of my collection, she was the first person to have died since I started collecting autographs at the start of 1997. I did read on Ceefax news in late 1999 that there were mentions that her correspondence would be examined to look for clues to her killer.

Now, admittedly, I did write to her in 1998, and I was so concerned about this that I telephoned the BBC in London to explain about my concern as I was so concerned in case someone official had come across the letter that I sent to her in late 1998, but the person on the other end said that lots of people had written to her in the late 1990s, and most of the correspondence would be purely innocent, but I did get very worried and even guilty - after all, being asked for one's autograph is indeed an "occupational hazard" if one happens to be famous.

I for one was appalled with the fact that the person who had originally been found guilty of her murder in July 2001 (who I will not name on here) had been diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome, and as a person diagnosed with the condition myself, I really felt really disgusted and appalled that those with the condition could automatically make comparisons that people like myself are criminals by those who know very little about it - this was of course, around the same time that the News of the World named and shamed anyone who happened to look like, and have a namesake with a child abuser - cue riots on council estates, bricks through windows, etc. I even fell out with the National "Autism" Society (I hate using the word "autistic") because of it, simply because I said that I didn't want Asperger Syndrome being associated with crime - a long story which I won't go into on here. I feel so strongly about it, and I hope that I can write this on here without any trouble.

I was concerned that Jo Cox's killing in 2016 would have been like a political equivalent of the Dando murder, and speculation about the killer having various conditions, etc. Likewise, someone who was stabbed to death in my old area in December 2016 who was in the same class as me at school for our first six years of school life - now he was, what I would regard as my local area's equivalent of the Dando or Cox murder as I knew him from my school days - we had exactly the same teachers, and no one else could ever say that - he was the first person that I have known personally to be killed.

To quote that "In Hindsight" thread, modern life is indeed very scary.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

The BBC will NEVER give an honest account of what happened to Jill Dando.

A few years before her murder, she attempted to raise the alarm about a BBC pedophile ring.
      A former colleague
      told the media:

“I don’t recall the names of all the stars now and don’t want to implicate anyone, but Jill said they were surprisingly big names.
      “I think she was quite shocked when told about images of children and that information on how to join this horrible pedophile ring was freely available.
      “Jill said others had complained to her about sexual matters and that some female workmates also claimed they had been groped or assaulted.
      “Nothing had been done and there seemed to be a policy of turning a blind eye.”
      She passed the information on to someone else and they gave it back. No one wanted to know.

“I do remember that she gave a file to senior management. I don’t think she heard any more.

Just over 10 years after her murder, it emerged the BBC had employed and protected the most prolific pedophile in British history: Jimmy Saville, along with...

Rolf Harris (BBC children's presenter)
      Stuart Hall
      (BBC broadcaster)
      John Nathan-Turner (
      Doctor Who producer, 1980-89)
      Gary Downie (BBC production manager and Nathan-Turner's boyfriend)

Michael Souter (BBC presenter)
      Chris Denning (BBC Radio 1 DJ)

Derek McCulloch (BBC radio announcer)
      Chris Langham (BBC writer and actor)
      Jonathan King (singer and BBC Radio 1 presenter)
      Gary Glitter (frequent Top of the Pops performer who allegedly abused on BBC property.)

Tellingly, the sculpture of an old man and naked boy which sits atop BBC Broadcasting House, was carved by Eric Gill; an abuser who raped his own daughters.

By all accounts, Jill Dando was a person of great integrity and a committed Christian (just like her close friend Cliff Richard who was FALSEY accused with the help of the BBC no less!).
      She paid the price for being too honest.
      :cry:

Comment

Jill's Murder was so so so sad - too sad for words indeed rather

I can not believe 20 years has gone by and more-ever nobody really knows the person who truly killed poor Jill

What a beautiful beautiful lady Jill was too on her looks - like a cross of the Late princess Diana and Sophie Rees Jones (Prince Edward's Wife)

80sChav

Comment

That was the problem - the press compared her with Diana Princess of Wales and the Countess of Wessex, and in recent years comparisons have been made towards other people. Don't forget that Diana died in a car crash which wasn't anything like how Dando was killed.

Also, whoever did kill knew her knew where she lived as she was killed outside her own doorstep which is something else to consider. I would recommend Brian Cathcart's 2001 book about the Dando case, although due to what has happened since, some of the chapters are obviously a bit out of date, although I would think of the book as being in three parts: A) Dando's life; B) the killing; and C) the life and trial of the then accused. John McVicar also wrote a book about the case as well, but I feel that the Cathcart book explores this a lot better.
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
            That was the problem - the press compared her with Diana Princess of Wales and the Countess of Wessex, and in recent years comparisons have been made towards other people. Don't forget that Diana died in a car crash which wasn't anything like how Dando was killed.

Also, whoever did kill knew her knew where she lived as she was killed outside her own doorstep which is something else to consider. I would recommend Brian Cathcart's 2001 book about the Dando case, although due to what has happened since, some of the chapters are obviously a bit out of date, although I would think of the book as being in three parts: A) Dando's life; B) the killing; and C) the life and trial of the then accused. John McVicar also wrote a book about the case as well, but I feel that the Cathcart book explores this a lot better.
            It’s crazy to think they still haven’t solved the crime ..

That said some poor woman was raped , murdered and partly SKINNED !!
            It happened in our busy bus depot as well !!

Anyways they didn’t find the murderer for about 30 years and then it was a fluke as I recall .. he was arrested after a road accident and for some reason they took DNA that matched the gruesome crime scene !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

There are a lot of murders that never get solved - we don't have CCTV and police officers patrolling every square centimetre of the Earth seeing everything that goes on. When something happens, the police have to rely on witnesses on what they tell them, and don't forget that police officers are outnumbered by Mr and Mrs Public, and in many cases, criminals themselves. I was a victim of burglary in April 2008, but as far as I am aware the burglar was never caught.

Look at the August 2011 riots where the Metropolitan Police were quoted in the national press as being unable to cope because they were heavily outnumbered by those who participated in the riots. I was due to stay in London for my birthday that year and I was so concerned about the rioting (even though it was three weeks before) that I was considering cancelling my trip. Even now as most coach journeys go via London if one needs to get to the south from the Midlands, it can put people off from travelling.

Zincubus, I think I know which incident you are referring to, and it was mentioned on another thread as well. The woman, who had made a special trip by bus to visit someone in hospital, had missed her late bus, went into the ladies' toilets and never came out alive was featured in a Crimewatch reconstruction in the early 1990s, probably around 1991 - I saw it myself back then and also earlier on this year as someone has put a lot of old Crimewatch editions on YouTube from the first one in 1984 right through to the Dando era of the programme and beyond.

It would have been around the time of the Sheila Egner murder who worked at a shop on Mansfield Road in Nottingham and was killed when a man had robbed the shop's cashbox and made his getaway - the Murder posters were placed on noticeboards, buses and other public places for at least the remaining half of 1991 - her killer was never found either. It's amazing how incognito people can still be after committing a crime like that, and probably never to get caught despite forensic evidence and modern science and technology which could bring someone like that to justice - the forensic technology didn't find the person who burgled me.
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                There are a lot of murders that never get solved - we don't have CCTV and police officers patrolling every square centimetre of the Earth seeing everything that goes on. When something happens, the police have to rely on witnesses on what they tell them, and don't forget that police officers are outnumbered by Mr and Mrs Public, and in many cases, criminals themselves. I was a victim of burglary in April 2008, but as far as I am aware the burglar was never caught.

Look at the August 2011 riots where the Metropolitan Police were quoted in the national press as being unable to cope because they were heavily outnumbered by those who participated in the riots. I was due to stay in London for my birthday that year and I was so concerned about the rioting (even though it was three weeks before) that I was considering cancelling my trip. Even now as most coach journeys go via London if one needs to get to the south from the Midlands, it can put people off from travelling.

Zincubus, I think I know which incident you are referring to, and it was mentioned on another thread as well. The woman, who had made a special trip by bus to visit someone in hospital, had missed her late bus, went into the ladies' toilets and never came out alive was featured in a Crimewatch reconstruction in the early 1990s, probably around 1991 - I saw it myself back then and also earlier on this year as someone has put a lot of old Crimewatch editions on YouTube from the first one in 1984 right through to the Dando era of the programme and beyond.

It would have been around the time of the Sheila Egner murder who worked at a shop on Mansfield Road in Nottingham and was killed when a man had robbed the shop's cashbox and made his getaway - the Murder posters were placed on noticeboards, buses and other public places for at least the remaining half of 1991 - her killer was never found either. It's amazing how incognito people can still be after committing a crime like that, and probably never to get caught despite forensic evidence and modern science and technology which could bring someone like that to justice - the forensic technology didn't find the person who burgled me.
                Sounds like the incident..... 1994 three years after Silence of the Lambs ..

I mention that as at the time I worked for the Halifax Building Society in Bury and the very next day the police took over part of the offices as a temporary base as we were right next to the bus depot .. it soon ‘leaked’ out that the poor woman had been sliced open from her neck down to her errrr .. privates and the skin peeled away ( skinned ) .... the thought was absolutely terrifying to us all !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks for that! To quote Nick Ross: "don't have nightmares, do sleep well".
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                  X