Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any keen gardeners ??

Default Re: Any keen gardeners ??

Quote Originally Posted by FlowerWY View Post
    My family used to have a garden at the backyard. I was so nostalgic about that so I managed to make one at my current place. I quickly realized that I don't have much time to maintain it, what a shame. I decided to keep just a green lawn. Besides, using a weed trimmer like this is way more fun than gardening to me.
    Having a garden is a nice thing, but it takes a lot of looking after. Having a water pool there is lovely, but of course, it takes a lot of maintenance.

Mind you, I used to try and earn the odd 50p mowing a neighbour's lawn.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Seeing it was a sunny morning I wrapped up warm spent half an hour in the garden pottering about tidy up pots ready for spring planting,picked up loads of leaves that had blown off trees & shrubs.I have got a litter picker saved bending down to pick them up,really handy tool bought it a couple of years back in home bargains for 99p it was nice to have some fresh air after having the cold flu

Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    Seeing it was a sunny morning I wrapped up warm spent half an hour in the garden pottering about tidy up pots ready for spring planting,picked up loads of leaves that had blown off trees & shrubs.I have got a litter picker saved bending down to pick them up,really handy tool bought it a couple of years back in home bargains for 99p it was nice to have some fresh air after having the cold flu
    Still scared to venture out, garden looks like the amazon but i will bite the bullett in the next few weeks
    My teeth itch and my hair is scratchy

Although I said that I wouldn't be doing much anymore but very much enjoyed my half hour yesterday every little helps lol

Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    I used to love gardening,planting up pots in the spring waiting for the display of glorious colours,had window boxes hanging baskets as you get older the enthusiasm goes and less gets done.Maybe that's why keen gardeners downsize as they get older.No way I could cut lawns anymore or trim shrubs or worst chore in the garden weeding
    yes, who invented gardening ... its all work that never gets finished !

Probably always something to do gets worse when its growing season mowing lawns bet not me

I created a new garden when we moved in .. dug the lawns up , bright ornamental gravel in its place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    I created a new garden when we moved in .. dug the lawns up , bright ornamental gravel in its place

Seen the photos Z ...looks nice
    My teeth itch and my hair is scratchy

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    Seen the photos Z ...looks nice
    I couldn’t find any on my phone as sadly

I spent an hour in the garden yesterday morning before it rained,tidying up some pots dead heading topping up compost every little helps just like Tesco lol