Thread: Any keen gardeners ??

Default Any keen gardeners ??

So here in blighty with the advent of some sunny weather thoughts are turning to the garden and how we can add a splash of colour to our otherwise grey lives. I have always been enthusiastic but never very good with gardening, Last year i spent at least 100 on plants that flower year after year (perennials) half of them are now a pile of dry twigs and will now need replacing. Also during last summers very dry spell i must of managed to over water my lawn (is that possible?) now it is like a patchwork quilt!.
    I was considering fake grass to do away with all the hastle but it really doesn't look realistic. Then there is the annual jetwashing and fence painting,weeding,pruning,watering and pest control....Phew, i'm breaking a sweat thinking about it!
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

Default Any keen gardeners ??

We struggled with our lawn so ripped it all up and made two huge raised gardens/borders and surrounded it all with white gravel .. looks amazing and sooo easy to look after

Id suggest having an skeleton structure evergreen of medium sized ( they will grow ) shrubs in the background .. then the garden looks good 365 days a year and you just fill in at the front with cheaper annuals to provide the colour ..

The Evergreen shrubs I went for a called Pieris Forest Flames .. they have kinda variegated leaf colours and twice a year spring and autumn the new growth appears as a curtain of bright red ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Zincubus; 18-04-2019 at 19:36.

Default Re: Any keen gardeners ??

Looks great!...Well done Z
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.