Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starsky and Hutch or the Professionals ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starsky and Hutch or the Professionals ?

Starsky and Hutch ran from 1975 to 1979.
    The Professionals aired from 1977 to 1983.
    I always felt that The Pros was a British version of S and H.

The question is, which series did you prefer and why?

Re: S and H or The Pros

Used to love Starsky and hutch and Huggy bear loved the movie starring owen wilson and Ben stiller which interestingly was made as a comedy, the tv series although having whimsical moments was not comedy.
    The professionals was more hardcore and a lot edgier i felt, plus there was Martin shaws dodgy perm
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

I preferred Starsky and Hutch as it was action packed but the Professionals was considered serious with fantastic plots.
      I refused to watch the Starsky and Hutch movie as it did not have the original stars of the show.

Comment

Loved them both equally! They were a special treat getting to stay up late to watch!

Had toys from both series, be it the cars or the pack with guns/badges/walkie talkies in.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonraker View Post
          I preferred Starsky and Hutch as it was action packed but the Professionals was considered serious with fantastic plots.
          I refused to watch the Starsky and Hutch movie as it did not have the original stars of the show.
          Not entirely true....there was a cameo for both glaisier and soul right at the end
          Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

There may have been a cameo for both at the end, but they did not star in the film.

I've never drank whisky, but when I see Gordon Jackson worshipping his bottle of Scotch Whisky; I wonder, is it that good!

Comment

There may have been a cameo for both at the end, but they did not star in the film.

I've never drank whisky, but when I see Gordon Jackson worshipping his bottle of Scotch Whisky; I wonder, is it that good!

Comment

I also loved both. I've got to say though that Starskey and hutch actually started out quite gritty but after a couple of series it became much lighter. Loved my professionals toy set I had as a kid.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Comment

Was David Soul's hits as a direct result of Starsky and Hutch or were they independent of the series?

Never thought of that - the Professionals being a British version, but you could be right.
                  I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                  There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                    Was David Soul's hits as a direct result of Starsky and Hutch or were they independent of the series?

Never thought of that - the Professionals being a British version, but you could be right.
                    As I recall David Soul was mega popular due to the series and simply milked the adulation by releasing a few mellow crooner type songs ..

I never took him seriously tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                      As I recall David Soul was mega popular due to the series and simply milked the adulation by releasing a few mellow crooner type songs ..

I never took him seriously tbh

I agree that Soul's fame as Hutch allowed him to launch his singing career. Without that fame, I am sceptical that he would have released any songs.

Just for the record, I was a Professionals fan far more than S & H.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                        I agree that Soul's fame as Hutch allowed him to launch his singing career. Without that fame, I am sceptical that he would have released any songs.

Just for the record, I was a Professionals fan far more than S & H.
                        Same ... liked S &H though .. I had the idea that the Professionals were about ten years later

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                          Yes, although one wouldn't have said that thinking about Benny Hill, Windsor Davies or Billy Connolly.
                          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                          I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I think I recall seeing David Soul on Top Of The Pops. I think it was a song that went like "don't give on me baby."
                            Then he progressed on to wife beating!

Comment

That would be 'Don't Give Up On Us". The only other song by David Soul I can recall is 'Silver Lady'. Yes, I saw him on TOTP as well.

The best thing about S & H that I liked was that car--a Ford Gran Torino?

S & H began in April 1975 in the USA, while The Professionals was first screened in December 1977.

Comment

Working...
                              X