Dumbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumbo

...So the child in me saw my wife and i head to the flix today to see Dumbo, the live action remake from the wonderful Tim burton. The film stars Danny devito as the circus owner and in supporting roles Michael keaton, Alan arkin and Will farrell. All are very good in the respective roles but the film failed to live up to expectations. Being a Tim burton film it had dark overtones and even "mild threat and violence" as stated on the censorship announcement, obviously the threat and violence were very mild indeed and it would have to be a very fragile child that was frightened of any of the films content, but it did serve to detract from the charm of Disneys original movie which was a firm favourite of my three kids when they were young. The film echoes the original for the majority and Dumbo himself is cute as a button,but something was missing and when i work out what it was you will be the first to know 6/10
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Re: Dumbo

You can't beat the original from 1941 which took an amazing 45 years for it to be premiered on TV in Britain because of Disney refusing to give permission for it to be shown.

I wonder whether this new version will eventually get seen on TV in the next few years? You mentioned the "mild threat and violence" - did the BBFC give it a PG certificate? - I wouldn't have said that about the original.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Dumbo is indeed a PG certificate (according to the Cineworld website anyway).
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Well I for for am looking forward to watching the live action Dumbo on Sky with our granddaughters .. they seem to like the scarier bits of Lion King and Finding Nemo..

I must be the only person around who like the modern live action versions of the old classics ..

My favourite so far is the live action Beauty and the Beast ..The Cinderella one was decent as well .. Little Mermaid doesn't really sound great but the girls will enjoy it I'm sure .. They watch all the cartoon versions at their house as our telly only plays the new modern versions for some mysterious reason

Just need the live action version of Tangled with Ryan Reynolds and Emma Watson and I can die happy LoL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My personal fave is the jungle book

Comment

I wonder if any cartoon films had ever been given a 15 or even an 18 certificate? Tom and Jerry was always victims of political correctness because they said that their cartoons were violent.

There are so many Disney films that will probably never be seen on TV - it took over 70 years for Fantasia to be premiered when it got a showing on BBC 2 on Christmas Eve 2013. Snow White would be a great one to show, but only on DVD, video and in the cinema has it ever been shown - it marked 50 years since its release in 1987 for goodness sake! There was a Disney special about it, presented by Dick van Dyke which was seen in ITV in Children's ITV slot on Good Friday (April Fools Day) in 1988.

And I wonder whether The Lion King is Arsene Wenger's favourite film for all the obvious reasons?
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

This was apparently the first X rated cartoon....
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YogmVNzxsI

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                My personal fave is the jungle book
                Oh yeah .. the LIVE action Jungle Book was decent ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                  I wonder if any cartoon films had ever been given a 15 or even an 18 certificate? Tom and Jerry was always victims of political correctness because they said that their cartoons were violent.

There are so many Disney films that will probably never be seen on TV - it took over 70 years for Fantasia to be premiered when it got a showing on BBC 2 on Christmas Eve 2013. Snow White would be a great one to show, but only on DVD, video and in the cinema has it ever been shown - it marked 50 years since its release in 1987 for goodness sake! There was a Disney special about it, presented by Dick van Dyke which was seen in ITV in Children's ITV slot on Good Friday (April Fools Day) in 1988.

And I wonder whether The Lion King is Arsene Wenger's favourite film for all the obvious reasons?
                  I used to love the DuckMan cartoon series ... with George from Seinfeld as a bad tempered , cursing father

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If you count anime the Japanese have been making high rated cartoons for decades.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                    X