Health Food Shops and Weight Up Shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health Food Shops and Weight Up Shops

As somebody who can remember my Gran and Great Auntie's year round home-baking - who can recall going to Health Food Shops (and to a more degree .... slightly the good old Weight Up Shop)??!!

Back in the day these shops sure was the trend and having a Fruit Juice in the Health Shop .... every major Town had them, as well as drinking Decaff Coffee with no Milk in being a popular part of the experience and often enhanced by soothing Pan Pipe Musical Material

It was similar for the good old weight YUp Shop for your home baking - even Markets had them and one relativley near me still does, and even minor Towns/big Villages with one High Street had them too. They probably was'nt that Healthy - the Weight Up Shops but generaly you knew what baking materials you was getting was half-decent like going to a Farm Shop would be the equilvlent possibly these day's for lovers of Home-Baking like my Gran and Greeat Auntie who both until their last day's would never dream of Supermarket Ckes 9M & S or Kwick save - whichever was ano, no)!!

This sure was the way to a better healthier lifetstle I think - even if people like Jamie oliver (as much as I rate him but not) discourage Ckaes etc for Kids, and the likes!

80sChav
    Last edited by 80sChav; 24-04-2019, 19:28.

Re: Health Food Shops and Weight Up Shops

I always think that health food shops are just a step below pharmacies - fruit and vegetables are healthy for people to eat, but I would hardly call a greengrocer a health food shop!

Holland and Barrett is one store that comes to mind - I never go in there of course as I have no need to. I would recommend eating more healthily rather than take cod liver oil capsules or whatever they are called.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Thanks a lot for posting this info! Actually, for some time I also was suffering from being consult tired and at one moment I found this Blessed CBD that made a good impact on my health. Accordingly, I sincerely hope that you will also try to use it for yourself!

Comment

I remember Stockport having a weigh shop until about 15 years ago. I saw one in Preston a few years ago in the same chain.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
        X