Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80's party food!

Hi i'm new on here so hello all!

I'm having an 80's themed party in a coupld of weeks time and i'm trying to find out what sort of party food was popular back then.

Can anyone help?

cheers!

Re: 80's party food!

if i remember rightly most parties i went to had a hedgehog, this was usuall a potato wrapped in tin foil with cocktail sticks shoved in it with lumps of cheese and pineapple on each stick

Comment

Cheese footballs!Twiglets!

and loads of booze
      Last edited by sixtyten; 02-04-2007, 21:26.

Comment

Ah Special Brew ....how on earth did I ever drink that? Holsten Pils probably the first of the bottled lagers to take off
        The eyes have it!
        sigpic

Comment

Just do a massive pan of chilli,big pan of boiled rice,and do loads of jacket spuds.tell everyone to help themselves.

Comment

we all drinked special brew because we thought we looked hard and clever drinking the strongest beer we could get at the time (or am i owning up to a personal confession here), especially if we were under aged at the time...ooops!!!! shouldnt have said that

Comment

Don't recall anything special about 80's food... 70's were all pinapple and cheese on sticks, fondue sets etc, still if you stick to miniscule sausage rolls and soggy quiche you cant go wrong!
              The eyes have it!
              sigpic

Comment

I've been thinking about this one too, and somethings never really change do they, It was all chicken drum sticks,pork pies, sausage rolls and sandwiches, just like today.
                What you could do is decorate cakes, triffles and such with some of the sweets you can still get today, or fill little dishes full of them.Some great links on the defunct sweets post.
                Last edited by Heather74; 03-04-2007, 17:49.
                Heather

Comment

and of course, don't forget to breath on, or stick your finger in the cake/sandwich you want and say 'that's mine cos it's got my germs on it!'

oh come on, I can't be the only kid who did that.....

can I?

Comment

how the hell have you all forgotten about the terrible dreaded tuna/ mayo vol au vents? well basically any vol au vent
                    sigpic
                    Mrs Oggy
                    ~~~*~~~*~~~
                    Count your friends amongst the stars....
                    And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Oh yes, vol-au-vents were THE party food, lol!

Jelly and ice-cream! LOL! Fish paste sandwiches, quiche, Monster Munch, Space Raiders, - and what about party bags? Slice of cake wrapped in a napkin, some penny sweets, and one of those polystyrene aeroplanes that you had to put together!

Comment

The vol-au-vents must also be soggy and the filling must be devoide of flavour ie animal mineral vegetable
                        The eyes have it!
                        sigpic

Comment

Gotta buy some Mr Kiplings "French Fancies" - whose Nan/Mum didnt think they were the bees knees if they didnt offer THOSE out at parties!!
                          or was it just my family

Comment

Yeah, I occassionally buy some French Fancies but they're pretty small these days, one bite and they're gone.:cry:
                            "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Yep I swear they have shrunk - or maybe my mouth just grew LOL

What about Party Rings??

Comment

Working...
                              X