• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: British coastal towns

Originally posted by tex View Post
    Off to Southport for a couple days, it's our 38th wedding anniversary
    Have a great time, Tex (and Mrs. Tex)
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

38 years !!

I think we are slightly ahead of you ..
      Married in Dec 1980 so that’s very nearly 39 years by my calculations
      - we’ve been ‘together’ since 1977 though ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yes, saw it last year...Its best viewed from the top of the tower....sorry the pictures are upside down
        I have only seen photographs of it, but I do know that Brucie's "nice to see you, to see you, nice" is written a lot bigger than anything else on there.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
          38 years !!

I think we are slightly ahead of you ..
          Married in Dec 1980 so that’s very nearly 39 years by my calculations
          - we’ve been ‘together’ since 1977 though ...

In that case i gotcha beat by 1 year 1976 we met, hottest summer on record at the time
          Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
            Have a great time, Tex (and Mrs. Tex)
            Thanks Zabadak, we had a lovely time. Southport was a pleasant surprise probably helped by the pleasant weather.. (two pleasants in the same sentence...how pleasant).

Comment

British coastal towns

In that case i gotcha beat by 1 year 1976 we met, hottest summer on record at the time
              Impressive !!

Our little game reminds me of that old joke where the guy brags that they’re had 15 years of wedded bliss .... 1961 , 1965 , 1973 ... 1979....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Zincubus; 13-09-2019, 20:18.

Comment

Blackpool is down the road from me here in Manchester, you are correct Nuggy it has been going downhill for decades in spite of millions being spent on the promenade, they need to shut all the grotty boarding houses, sweep the beggars off the pavements and ban hen parties. I also resent having to pay to enter the funfair Saw the illuminations last year....boring
                Totally agree! I once saw a guy sat on the floor begging for money in his bare feet, his mate was further up the road in his bare feet too begging for money!
                Those boarding houses are filthy, i booked into one in my teens, when i got there i noticed the towels in the room hadn't been changed and the bed looked like it had only just been vacated, all messed up with flattened pillows, i left via the back door which was the quickest way out! ☺
                On another occasion i was in a fish and chips restaurant in one of the big arcades, my nephew had a tub of money, anyway as we were busy eating the tub of money was swiped, the only person who actually past our table was the waitress who i accused of stealing my nephews money, she denied it so i asked for the manager and told him to check the cctv, his exact words to me were 'the cctv is just for show the cameras are duds', I've never stepped foot in that place again, my nephew had about 8 pound in his tub which he'd saved up himself.

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                  I would love to have a good look at that Comedy Carpet or whatever it is called in Blackpool - I believe that it has a lot of quotations and catchphrases from various comedians from the past. Has anyone had a good look at it for themselves?
                  That's one of the good things about Blackpool, I've seen it many times and some of the jokes had me laughing out loud!

Comment

That's sweet, Happy Anniversary!!
                    I lost my husband after being married for just a short time in very tragic circumstances.

I've been to Southport as I'm not that far in Liverpool, the fair isn't as good as it used to be but I've got lots of happy memories of Southport. ☺

Comment

British coastal towns

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
                      Totally agree! I once saw a guy sat on the floor begging for money in his bare feet, his mate was further up the road in his bare feet too begging for money!
                      I’ve got a couple of funny stories about beggars !

I always give them a quid or ask if they want a hot dog or whatever .. being a right softie ..

A few weeks ago we had a really cold day so when I past this bloke sat in the subway I asked if he wanted a hot dog .. he replied ...” can I have a hamburger instead .... with tomato sauce , no onions “ !!

Then last year I past one sat outside Boots , crosses legged reading a book .. there was no hat on the floor so just reached down and placed about £1.30 in silver next to him ..and said “ all right, bud “ .
                      As I walked away the bloke angrily shouted “ HEY !!!! “

I didn’t look back !!

I guessed immediately that he wasn’t begging just waiting for his wife or someone !!

Last edited by Zincubus; 14-09-2019, 12:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                        I’ve got a couple of funny stories about beggars !

I always give them a quid or ask if they want a hot dog or whatever .. being a right softie ..

A few weeks ago we had a really cold day so when I past this bloke sat in the subway I asked if he wanted a hot dog .. he replied ...” can I have a hamburger instead .... with tomato sauce , no onions “ !!

Then last year I past one sat outside Boots , crosses legged reading a book .. there was no hat on the floor so just reached down and placed about £1.30 in silver next to him ..and said “ all right, bud “ .
                        As I walked away the bloke angrily shouted “ HEY !!!! “

I didn’t look back !!

I guessed immediately that he wasn’t begging just waiting for his wife or someone !!

Thats so funny...

Comment

Coincidentally the government have just announced a sixty nine million pound investment in britains high streets, both scarborough and Blackpool will benefit from the cash splash which is intended to revive the high streets flagging sales which have been badly affected by online sales.....SUPER

Comment

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
                            That's one of the good things about Blackpool, I've seen it many times and some of the jokes had me laughing out loud!
                            Wouldn't it be brilliant if one could get a replica of that comedy carpet from a Blackpool souvenir shop? After all, one can get models of the Blackpool Tower there.
                            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                            I'm having so much fun
                            My lucky number's one
                            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                              Wouldn't it be brilliant if one could get a replica of that comedy carpet from a Blackpool souvenir shop? After all, one can get models of the Blackpool Tower there.
                              That would be great, I'd certainly buy one!
                              I have an inflatable Blackpool Tower and a collection of postcards and keyrings so a replica of the comedy carpet would be most welcome ☺

Comment

Working...
                              X