Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cadbury's Creme Eggs

Default Re: Cadbury's Creme Eggs

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    Those chics are smaller!
    Or even chicks.
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Na

Same as WagonWheels and so many others .. getting smaller

Look how small today’s tins of chics are compared to the old days !!
    I think that metrification has a lot to do with the "Wagon Wheels" syndrome of downsizing - something that the Brexit supporters at the British Weights and Measures Association have been excited about for a number of years. Instead of putting the prices up, the downsizing of the weight of the product meaning that the consumer gets a lot less for the same money. Notice that the smallest one is in plastic tin. However, I believe that the big tin on the left had a lot of "air" between the level of the sweets and the inside base of the tin lid when secure. When Watchdog investigated why tubes of Pringles had far less crisps than the tube could carry, the manufacturers made an excuse that it needs the space to put the crisps inside the tube while in the factory.

Further to my previous post, I now realise that Tex actually meant "chocs" and nor "chicks" - I thought that as I mentioned Easter in my opening gambit, I thought that he was referring to "chicks" in that respect.

(Chics does get a red line when written on my computer, and when I click on the alternative words, "chicks" is given, but not "chocs").

Those chics are smaller!

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    Or even chicks.
    True

I think that metrification has a lot to do with the "Wagon Wheels" syndrome of downsizing - something that the Brexit supporters at the British Weights and Measures Association have been excited about for a number of years. Instead of putting the prices up, the downsizing of the weight of the product meaning that the consumer gets a lot less for the same money. Notice that the smallest one is in plastic tin. However, I believe that the big tin on the left had a lot of "air" between the level of the sweets and the inside base of the tin lid when secure. When Watchdog investigated why tubes of Pringles had far less crisps than the tube could carry, the manufacturers made an excuse that it needs the space to put the crisps inside the tube while in the factory.

Further to my previous post, I now realise that Tex actually meant "chocs" and nor "chicks" - I thought that as I mentioned Easter in my opening gambit, I thought that he was referring to "chicks" in that respect.

(Chics does get a red line when written on my computer, and when I click on the alternative words, "chicks" is given, but not "chocs").
    Well ‘chicks’ or ‘women’ are getting smaller I’d say .. they’re under intense pressure to be slim , toned , tanned , perfect hair , perfect nails .. flat tummy ..

Thank gawd I’m just a bloke who has to look at them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not my typo....Zincubus #9
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

Not my typo....Zincubus #9
    Funny how the picture seemed to hide Zincubus mentioning it.

-
    Last edited by George 1978; 05-05-2019 at 23:03.

I suppose that mentioning it as a cоck-up is too obvious.

A Cadbury's employee tells me Creme Eggs are only produced between Christmas and March. But they're so unpleasant now that they don't use Dairy Milk any more that they're not worth the bother anyway...

I could have sworn that they are all-year round things - they don't feel "seasonal" to me. It's like Kinder Surprise only being sold during those months.

Or supermarkets only selling ordinary eggs (as in the "dip your soldiers in" kind) between Christmas and March.

Quote Originally Posted by numpty View Post
    A Cadbury's employee tells me Creme Eggs are only produced between Christmas and March. But they're so unpleasant now that they don't use Dairy Milk any more that they're not worth the bother anyway...
    Mmm...That doesn't seem to make much sense, i would question his wisdom
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.