Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cadbury's Creme Eggs

-
    Last edited by George 1978; 05-05-2019, 23:03.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I suppose that mentioning it as a cоck-up is too obvious.
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

A Cadbury's employee tells me Creme Eggs are only produced between Christmas and March. But they're so unpleasant now that they don't use Dairy Milk any more that they're not worth the bother anyway...

Comment

I could have sworn that they are all-year round things - they don't feel "seasonal" to me. It's like Kinder Surprise only being sold during those months.

Or supermarkets only selling ordinary eggs (as in the "dip your soldiers in" kind) between Christmas and March.
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by numpty View Post
            A Cadbury's employee tells me Creme Eggs are only produced between Christmas and March. But they're so unpleasant now that they don't use Dairy Milk any more that they're not worth the bother anyway...
            Mmm...That doesn't seem to make much sense, i would question his wisdom
            Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
              I could have sworn that they are all-year round things - they don't feel "seasonal" to me. It's like Kinder Surprise only being sold during those months.

Or supermarkets only selling ordinary eggs (as in the "dip your soldiers in" kind) between Christmas and March.
              ....It's a small easter egg

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                Mmm...That doesn't seem to make much sense, i would question his wisdom
                It’s was a money motivated decision as I recall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

....It's a small easter egg
                  Too small.
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I know they do small Creme Egg (Twist?) Bars in the UK all year round, but over here recently we had these:

Quite tasty too!

As for Wagon Wheels "Also, although the UK Wagon Wheel has barely shrunk, it is still noticeably smaller than the Australian equivalent. As of 2006 the diameter of the Australian version is measured at 88 mm which is 14 mm larger than the UK version, while the UK Wagon Wheel is notably thicker by 4 mm." - from wikipedia.

Comment

Cadbury's is a rip off nowadays but the British people will pay almost anything for their 'weird' taste in chocolate.

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                      I think that metrification has a lot to do with the "Wagon Wheels" syndrome of downsizing - something that the Brexit supporters at the British Weights and Measures Association have been excited about for a number of years. Instead of putting the prices up, the downsizing of the weight of the product meaning that the consumer gets a lot less for the same money. Notice that the smallest one is in plastic tin. However, I believe that the big tin on the left had a lot of "air" between the level of the sweets and the inside base of the tin lid when secure. When Watchdog investigated why tubes of Pringles had far less crisps than the tube could carry, the manufacturers made an excuse that it needs the space to put the crisps inside the tube while in the factory.
                      Metrication shrunk the quantity of pick and mix or weighed out sweets from 4oz (a quarter) approximately 113g down to 100g. Trading standards officers nabbed market traders for weighing sweets with imperial scales or weights which cannot be legally calibrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
                        Cadbury's is a rip off nowadays but the British people will pay almost anything for their 'weird' taste in chocolate.

Metrication shrunk the quantity of pick and mix or weighed out sweets from 4oz (a quarter) approximately 113g down to 100g. Trading standards officers nabbed market traders for weighing sweets with imperial scales or weights which cannot be legally calibrated.
                        Many, many years ago I worked in a busy town fruit and veg store and our bosses were always getting done for ‘tampering’ with the weighing scales

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                          Many, many years ago I worked in a busy town fruit and veg store and our bosses were always getting done for ‘tampering’ with the weighing scales

My Dad remembers a butchers local to him when was young was caught fiddling with his scales.
                          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Is it just me? Or are they too sweet nowadays?
                            sigpic
                            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Also available Creme egg ice cream....Yum! , Oh and i seem to remember Creme egg milkshake at mick donalds mmm

Comment

Also available Creme egg ice cream....Yum! , Oh and i seem to remember Creme egg milkshake at mick donalds mmm
                                I remember Creme Egg McFlurrys, not sure if they are available at the moment.
                                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                                X