Cadbury's Creme Eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cadbury's Creme Eggs

I am surprised that some people think that Cadbury's Crème Eggs are an Easter only thing, but I am certain that they are available all year round, just like Kinder Surprise and its "flatpack" toy inside the egg. I had the Cadbury's Crème Eggs Easter Egg this year and only one Cadbury's Crème Egg was supplied which I was surprised about considering how small they actually are.

Anyway, I am referring to the adverts for the product of course - one of them had Frank Muir (or someone like him) singing the tune in the early 1980s, presumably because he got the Fruit and Nut gig a few years before. But the series of adverts that come to mind were the early 1990s ones:

The first one had characters on screen representing different horoscope signs to the tune of The Floaters 1977 number one hit Float On - I believe that they did three different ones because each one had four different signs represented.

The second one featured Spitting Image puppets with their ironic traits for what they are famous for as to how they eat there Crème Eggs - I assume that due to ITC rules, the adverts couldn't have been shown during or round Spitting Image or indeed any other programme where the people portrayed had appeared in.

Dennis Taylor's puppet appeared on one: "I like to put the yellow, and then the brown, but I never let the white go down!" Denis Norden appeared, with him trying to say "I like to eat Cadbury's Crème Eggs" in a multiple number of takes and the studio lights fade. There was one with either Willie Carson or Lester Piggott riding on an egg, and a Mystic Meg character doing astrology or something. Claire Rayner's puppet appeared on one as well.

I know that a later series of adverts contained flashing images which were upheld by the ITC when a viewer with epilepsy complained about them. Edwina Currie was not the only person to cause controversy over eggs methinks!

I liked the "Spitting Image" series of adverts, and I was wondering whether anyone remembers any of them?
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Re: Cadbury's Creme Eggs

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    I am surprised that some people think that Cadbury's Crème Eggs are an Easter only thing, but I am certain that they are available all year round, just like Kinder Surprise and its "flatpack" toy inside the egg. I had the Cadbury's Crème Eggs Easter Egg this year and only one Cadbury's Crème Egg was supplied which I was surprised about considering how small they actually are.

Anyway, I am referring to the adverts for the product of course - one of them had Frank Muir (or someone like him) singing the tune in the early 1980s, presumably because he got the Fruit and Nut gig a few years before. But the series of adverts that come to mind were the early 1990s ones:

The first one had characters on screen representing different horoscope signs to the tune of The Floaters 1977 number one hit Float On - I believe that they did three different ones because each one had four different signs represented.

The second one featured Spitting Image puppets with their ironic traits for what they are famous for as to how they eat there Crème Eggs - I assume that due to ITC rules, the adverts couldn't have been shown during or round Spitting Image or indeed any other programme where the people portrayed had appeared in.

Dennis Taylor's puppet appeared on one: "I like to put the yellow, and then the brown, but I never let the white go down!" Denis Norden appeared, with him trying to say "I like to eat Cadbury's Crème Eggs" in a multiple number of takes and the studio lights fade. There was one with either Willie Carson or Lester Piggott riding on an egg, and a Mystic Meg character doing astrology or something. Claire Rayner's puppet appeared on one as well.

I know that a later series of adverts contained flashing images which were upheld by the ITC when a viewer with epilepsy complained about them. Edwina Currie was not the only person to cause controversy over eggs methinks!

I liked the "Spitting Image" series of adverts, and I was wondering whether anyone remembers any of them?
    Cadbury's normally promote Creme Eggs most between January & April, for the Easter market.

I remember the Horoscope & Spitting Image ads, & some earlier ones too.

In the mid 1980s there were a series that used the "How Do You Eat Yours" slogan, & another later on in the decade that used cartoons for how historical figures ate theirs.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Creme eggs are a seasonal product but can be still found on supermarket shelves until their expiry date, bet you can't eat two!
      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
        Creme eggs are a seasonal product but can be still found on supermarket shelves until their expiry date, bet you can't eat two!

You can't if Easter Eggs only supply one of them.
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

You can't if Easter Eggs only supply one of them.

Comment

They’re so small nowadays I just pop them straight into my mouth and enjoy ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
              They’re so small nowadays I just pop them straight into my mouth and enjoy ..

Are you sure your gob didn't get bigger?

Comment

Because only one was supplied.
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Are you sure your gob didn't get bigger?
                  Na

Same as WagonWheels and so many others .. getting smaller

Look how small today’s tins of chics are compared to the old days !!
                  M

Comment

Those chics are smaller!

Comment

Those chics are smaller!
                      Or even chicks.
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                        Na

Same as WagonWheels and so many others .. getting smaller

Look how small today’s tins of chics are compared to the old days !!
                        I think that metrification has a lot to do with the "Wagon Wheels" syndrome of downsizing - something that the Brexit supporters at the British Weights and Measures Association have been excited about for a number of years. Instead of putting the prices up, the downsizing of the weight of the product meaning that the consumer gets a lot less for the same money. Notice that the smallest one is in plastic tin. However, I believe that the big tin on the left had a lot of "air" between the level of the sweets and the inside base of the tin lid when secure. When Watchdog investigated why tubes of Pringles had far less crisps than the tube could carry, the manufacturers made an excuse that it needs the space to put the crisps inside the tube while in the factory.

Further to my previous post, I now realise that Tex actually meant "chocs" and nor "chicks" - I thought that as I mentioned Easter in my opening gambit, I thought that he was referring to "chicks" in that respect.

(Chics does get a red line when written on my computer, and when I click on the alternative words, "chicks" is given, but not "chocs").
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Those chics are smaller!

Or even chicks.
                          True

I think that metrification has a lot to do with the "Wagon Wheels" syndrome of downsizing - something that the Brexit supporters at the British Weights and Measures Association have been excited about for a number of years. Instead of putting the prices up, the downsizing of the weight of the product meaning that the consumer gets a lot less for the same money. Notice that the smallest one is in plastic tin. However, I believe that the big tin on the left had a lot of "air" between the level of the sweets and the inside base of the tin lid when secure. When Watchdog investigated why tubes of Pringles had far less crisps than the tube could carry, the manufacturers made an excuse that it needs the space to put the crisps inside the tube while in the factory.

Further to my previous post, I now realise that Tex actually meant "chocs" and nor "chicks" - I thought that as I mentioned Easter in my opening gambit, I thought that he was referring to "chicks" in that respect.

(Chics does get a red line when written on my computer, and when I click on the alternative words, "chicks" is given, but not "chocs").
                          Well ‘chicks’ or ‘women’ are getting smaller I’d say .. they’re under intense pressure to be slim , toned , tanned , perfect hair , perfect nails .. flat tummy ..

Thank gawd I’m just a bloke who has to look at them

Comment

Not my typo....Zincubus #9

Comment

Not my typo....Zincubus #9
                              Funny how the picture seemed to hide Zincubus mentioning it.
                              I'm having so much fun
                              My lucky number's one
                              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                              X