Hello Everyone (Again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone (Again)

Hello. I joined this forum just over two years ago but then never used it as I had trouble using it on my phone. Anyway an upgrade of technology means I am trying again. I am a former child of the 80s, teen of the 90s. I am an AFOL (adult fan of Lego) which is my main 'thing' but also love rummaging in charity shops and car boot sales - mostly for books but other random things I go through phases of being into. Anyway hopefully it won't be another 2 years before I post again. Infact I am going to post something about dolls right now......

Re: Hello Everyone (Again)

Hi Bookmum, welcome back to DYR
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Welcome back.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Welcome back!
        Heather

Comment

Welcome !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Welcome back again glad all is sorted now for ya.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Welcome
              Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

She's gone again

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                  She's gone again
                  Do you keep scaring them away, Tex?
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                    Do you keep scaring them away, Tex?
                    so it would seem, it amazes me looking at the members list just how many people sign up and never post or maybe post a handful of times and vanish again

Comment

so it would seem, it amazes me looking at the members list just how many people sign up and never post or maybe post a handful of times and vanish again
                      Don't worry, Tex - I am not really accusing you of scarring them away!

But yes, as we mentioned in that other thread a few months ago, it just a case that people find this forum from Google, typing in relevant words such as "1970s music" or "school uniforms" or something, and getting here.

You can tell whether someone is staying or going - prospective regulars would have an avatar and a signature prepared in which some members wouldn't bother with if they only posted half a dozen times - to me, they are someone who is staying on for a while. I am certain that quite a few people on here would have seen me as a prospective regular as I had bumped up a few old threads in order to contribute to during my first week on here.

Some of the signs are there - they post in the introductory part of the forum, and perhaps they post in the television part, asking about an actor who appeared in a drama series in the 1980s, or whether Culture Club were a brilliant band. They probably get one or two replies, and around 24 hours later, the OP comes back and thanks them. They might post on another thread if the subject is similar to their question, and then they probably go away again.

There are two types of person who probably post on this forum: A) those who love nostalgia in general and want to talk about life as they had experienced it in the 1970s and 1980s, and so therefore they discuss anything across the board whether it is about Spangles or Special Branch; and: B) those who are a fan of Status Quo and just post in the music forum, or those who were a fan of Albion Market and just post in the television forum; or those who liked legwarmers and posted in the fashion forum.

On the whole, there are a lot more members who come under the first option rather than the second as we see their postings more prominently. Also, I would regard those in the B category as those akin to having separate or minority interests such as stamp collecting or trainspotting (yes, I know), and so therefore the main scope of the forum wouldn't be of as interesting to them as just one or two threads would be. Admittedly, I would find the A members a lot more interesting than the B members would be for obvious reasons as their scope is a lot wider and mainstream.

What is of interest to one person, isn't of interest to another person - we are all different at the end of the day, or would it be boring or more interesting of we all had the same or similar interests?
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Don't worry, Tex - I am not really accusing you of scarring them away!

But yes, as we mentioned in that other thread a few months ago, it just a case that people find this forum from Google, typing in relevant words such as "1970s music" or "school uniforms" or something, and getting here.

You can tell whether someone is staying or going - prospective regulars would have an avatar and a signature prepared in which some members wouldn't bother with if they only posted half a dozen times - to me, they are someone who is staying on for a while. I am certain that quite a few people on here would have seen me as a prospective regular as I had bumped up a few old threads in order to contribute to during my first week on here.

Some of the signs are there - they post in the introductory part of the forum, and perhaps they post in the television part, asking about an actor who appeared in a drama series in the 1980s, or whether Culture Club were a brilliant band. They probably get one or two replies, and around 24 hours later, the OP comes back and thanks them. They might post on another thread if the subject is similar to their question, and then they probably go away again.

There are two types of person who probably post on this forum: A) those who love nostalgia in general and want to talk about life as they had experienced it in the 1970s and 1980s, and so therefore they discuss anything across the board whether it is about Spangles or Special Branch; and: B) those who are a fan of Status Quo and just post in the music forum, or those who were a fan of Albion Market and just post in the television forum; or those who liked legwarmers and posted in the fashion forum.

On the whole, there are a lot more members who come under the first option rather than the second as we see their postings more prominently. Also, I would regard those in the B category as those akin to having separate or minority interests such as stamp collecting or trainspotting (yes, I know), and so therefore the main scope of the forum wouldn't be of as interesting to them as just one or two threads would be. Admittedly, I would find the A members a lot more interesting than the B members would be for obvious reasons as their scope is a lot wider and mainstream.

What is of interest to one person, isn't of interest to another person - we are all different at the end of the day, or would it be boring or more interesting of we all had the same or similar interests?
                        As usual George your insight is beyond compare

Comment

As usual George your insight is beyond compare
                          I always say that if you've got it, flaunt it.
                          I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I always say that if you've got it, flaunt it.
                            Down boy !!

Comment

Down boy !!
                              You are a one.
                              I'm having so much fun
                              My lucky number's one
                              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                              X