Judy Dolls from Zodiac Toy Shops/ Sarah Louise Dolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judy Dolls from Zodiac Toy Shops/ Sarah Louise Dolls

When I was a child in the 80s I had some dolls that were exclusive to Zodiac Toy Shops and they were called Judy dolls. They were about 6 inches tall and usually came dressed in a ballet outfit and you could buy more outfits. She had a horse and various bits of furniture too (wardrobe, bed etc). The thing is very few people I talk too seem to remember them and I until recently could never find much info about them. Last night while messing around on Google Images I finally found some pictures however some had the dolls being called Sarah Louise Dolls sold through Debenhams a decade before in the 70s.
    Does anyone remember Judy Dolls or Sarah Louise Dolls? Were they the same thing ? I always wish I had kept them ! Thanks !

Re: Judy Dolls from Zodiac Toy Shops/ Sarah Louise Dolls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTJArt-nLbE
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Judy Dolls don't ring any bells, but it's great that you mentioned Zodiac Toys - whatever happened to them? They must have gone into administration or something towards the end of the 1980s. The Nottingham one was in Broadmarsh of course.

I wondered whether they were similar to Barbie and Sindy dolls?
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

This has a good write up of the history of Zodiac Toys, they were unfortunate to be taken over twice by owners who didn't really know how to run them, not to mention the competition from Toys R Us.

https://zodiactoys.wordpress.com/

I still occasionally pass by the shop which used to be the Stockport branch, which is now a salon.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

It's funny people remember Zodiac Toys but not those dolls because I remember the display of them being a huge section in the shop ! I think Zodiac disappeared very early 90s. It was where I bought my My Little Ponies, Fabuland Lego and my fantastic roller boots.

Comment

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...ghlight=Zodiac

The link is to a brilliant thread we had/have here on the forum. I say had because I think some of the photos are know missing.
            Heather

Comment

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Do any members remember the Girls World dolls head?
                          We used to spend hours plaiting and curling her hair, plus a section of hair was stored inside the head and would come out at the turn of a dial, making her hair appear to grow.
                          We could give them a makeover too as it came with its own makeup.

Comment

Originally posted by Danniella View Post
                            Do any members remember the Girls World dolls head?
                            We used to spend hours plaiting and curling her hair, plus a section of hair was stored inside the head and would come out at the turn of a dial, making her hair appear to grow.
                            We could give them a makeover too as it came with its own makeup.
                            My sister had one of the later releases in the 1990s which looked like Analise from Neighbours, or so my brother reckoned.
                            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                              My sister had one of the later releases in the 1990s which looked like Analise from Neighbours, or so my brother reckoned.
                              I had a brunette one. I must admit by the time I'd given her a makeover she looked like a tart!

Comment

Working...
                              X