RIP Jamie Lehane - Russell "Jacko" Morgan Grange Hill fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Jamie Lehane - Russell "Jacko" Morgan Grange Hill fame

I had heard (but could never confirm) and never wanted to type this message until I was 100% sure/certain, but after much constant and consistant searching I have found out for certain that Jamie who played Russell "Jacko" Morgan passed away aged 41 passed away December 2018 with the cause of death being a seizure.

I found the article on a website called Grange Hill Gold - that was put on-line in feb this year. There is also a tribute from Ian Steele who played Brian Shaw, who was one of Jacko's fellow new First Years in 1990.

To say here that I am so so sad here is too terrible for me to describe, as I was in the 3rd Year/Year 9 when Jacko was in the First Year in 1990, so Jamie may-be would have been my age or may-be even 11 in 1990.

RIP Jamie Lehane
    Last edited by 80sChav; 18-05-2019, 21:04.

Re: RIP Jamie Lehane - Russell "Jacko" Morgan Grange Hill fame

He was around post-1990, wasn't he? I assume that he wouldn't be as remembered as a Tucker-era actor would be.

I thought that he was called Brian, unless I was thinking of another actor or character with the same first name.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
      He was around post-1990, wasn't he? I assume that he wouldn't be as remembered as a Tucker-era actor would be.

I thought that he was called Brian, unless I was thinking of another actor or character with the same first name.
      I think Brian was the one with floppy hair, and who had leukemia for a series. Jacko had dark hair, as I recall.

RIP+

Comment

I BELIEVE THIS IS HIM

SAD NEWS INDEED 41 THATS STILL YOUNG.

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Clare View Post
          I think Brian was the one with floppy hair, and who had leukemia for a series. Jacko had dark hair, as I recall.

RIP+
          That's probably why I get the two confused.

He would have been born around the same time that Grange Hill started in early 1978, ironically enough.
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
            I BELIEVE THIS IS HIM

SAD NEWS INDEED 41 THATS STILL YOUNG.

This is Jamie/Jacko - darren yes mate

Thanks for the share of the pic as well too and bringing back memories of Jacko here. It looks like it was tuck in the area going North East out of London that was used fleetingly in 1989 for the Prom - when they all went to the Prom from the Car Park,

80sChav

Comment

Working...
            X