The Flashing Blade comedy version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Flashing Blade comedy version

Many will recall fondly The Flashing Blade from screenings in the 70s. However, does anyone remember that there was a version shown on the BBC in the 80s or 90s where the audio was replaced with new silly voices, turning it into a comedy. May have been shown on Saturday mornings during a show like Swap Shop or similar.

Re: The Flashing Blade comedy version

I vaguely remember it, but I thought it was on a show like The 8.15 from Manchester or Fully Booked - a quick Google showed it was actually part of a show called On the Waterfront.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_Vh8JJR1OQ

Comment

It featured in "On The Waterfront".

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the...nt_(TV_series)

"The writer Russell T Davies, later a BAFTA Award-winner for his work on programmes such as Queer as Folk and Doctor Who, worked on the series, writing the script for a comedy dubbed version of the French children's drama series The Flashing Blade."

Comment

I remember it could be hilarious at times, though I hadn't seen The Flashing Blade before then. I remember BBC2 repeated it a year or 2 after, & the dubbing even on that made it seem quite comical.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Thanks for the info regarding where it was shown. All I could remember is that it was on a Swap Shop type show. I can't say that I watched many of the comedy dubbed episodes, but it suddenly popped into my mind when thinking about children's TV programmes.

Comment

I really liked this even though I wasn’t familiar with the proper version of the flashing blade. I liked on the waterfront too although I don’t think it was on for long. One or two summers max.
              1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
              X