Bike Siren

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Siren

Did anyone have a bike sirens, it had 3 settings ambulance, police and fire engine. I'm sure mine was red, i used to love riding round the back alleys near our house with the police one going full blast.What was your favourite siren and why?

Re: Bike Siren

yes i had one on my bike, think it was yellow and black.

unfortunatly it got soaked and didnt sound very good after.

police siren was fav.

Comment

My brother had one, and I was told I couldn't have one as it was for boys:cry:
      Heather

Comment

Exactly! just like Yorkie..Its not for girls

Comment

watch it you girls rule o.k
          Heather

Comment

i had a yellow&black one, i thought they were great at the time, especially tearing around with 3 mates that had them aswell!, our parents must've hated them, i also remember putting squashed empty plastice bottles in between the mudguard & back tyre to make a motor-bike type noise

Comment

Aye, we used to peg playing cards to the rear frame to make motorbike noises on the spokes. I used to put the bottom of the fron mudguard up on my Raleigh Boxer to achieve the same results till it wore out.

Comment

A classic. it was the playing card and peg for me.
                jeez,nowadays the sound of it would drive me mad..our poor parents and neighbours

But who needs a siren when you could have bought the Vektar

Instant StreetHawk!!
                Last edited by sixtyten; 10-04-2007, 00:59.

Comment

didn't have any sirens on my bike (boo hoo). Had to make do with a stick stuck between the spokes of the back wheel, so it sounded like a motorbike. Had breadclips all over the front wheel.
                  "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

I was talking to my brother today, he he say's his siren had a sort of slip over handle bar cover, which when turned, made the revving sound Now he has said I think he could be right, did anyone elses have this feature?
                    Heather

Comment

There were a few different kinds of sireny thing that I remember:

1. The flat black one with the switch which could be ambulance, police or firetruck which had a button.

2. They also did a motorbike noise twistgrip thing that slipped over the end of your handlebars that made revving sounds as you twisted it.

From the sounds of your brother's one it was a hybrid of both?

Before those were the Pifco horns:

Although I still have one of those "squeezy" hooters somewhere that Halfords used to sell with the rubber back and metal front with star shaped holes in, that made that typical clown honk when you squeeze it.

This just got me thinking of the "Wonder-Lights" I used to have on my BMX: removable things with permanent clips that just slid out when you left your bike unattended. Although most people just stuck the back one in their rear jeans pocket which stayed in place due to being heavy with their massive flat batteries which were the size of a fag packet!

Comment

ui was at billing the other week and i bopught one of the sirens for my grifter as it fits under the foam of the handlebars , it has three different settings and a little red button to activate it

Comment

Actualy Hev it was two seperate things....the motor bike sound was similar to one of these but all black in colour...

and the siren maker was one of these 3 in one Police - fire - ambulance push button things....

sigpic

Comment

I always wanted one of those police siren things, never got one though
                            The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Bicycle siren!

3 settings: Police, Ambulance or Fire.
                              Each as annoying as the last.

I want my Strika (green, back pedal brake) back!
                              Quick... Run... Hide... Here comes Dave Stewart, walking up the drive, with that look in his eye!

Comment

Working...
                              X