Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tv programmes that would not be shown today

Originally posted by darren View Post
    What im wondering is when thell show tv shows on the major channels bbc 1 bbc 2 itv channel 4.
    Such as the alf garnett comedies curry and chips etc.rising damp.

Altho they do on forces tv some of them anyway.
    I agree with you here darren and about the Forces etc

How on earth Dad's Army has survived repeatedly being shown as it is so Cheesy and not as it Glorify's war, but makes a mockery out of a subject that should'nt be mad a mockery amazes me

Growing up I never got Allo Allo, but comparing that to Dad's Army is completley different in that it creates jokes and fun out of War settings. To me Dad's Army should have been axed years backIi feel!

80sChav

Comment

Even when Dad's Army was being thought up the creators were worried it would be seen as mocking the real Home Guard. I guess it's still shown as it's quite easy going.

Allo Allo did get some complaints of trivialising the work of the French Resistance, but managed to last due to it's farce elements.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Dad's Army is still shown on BBC 2 on Saturday nights, so hardly a programme that would "not" be shown nowadays.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

How about monty python ive not seen it on any channel for a very very long time.

Some of there sketches are a bit controversial to say the least.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Even at the time some Monty Python sketches were controversial, & sometimes had to be edited out of repeats.

Luckily a complete Blu ray set is coming out which has reinstated a lot of material where it still exists.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
            X