Paul Darrow RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Darrow RIP

Avon has been teleported out of our lives.

The great Paul Darrow, known for his iconic character Avon in the Sc-fI series classic Blake's 7 has died after a terrible fight with illness.

RIP Paul Darrow.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Darrow

Attached Files

Re: Paul Darrow RIP

Not too familiar with him, but I am sure he was seen advertising something to do with elderly or disability aids on daytime television in the last 10 years - one tended to feel sorry to see someone like him who was once quite famous, being demoted to the ad breaks during the day.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

RIP Paul
      DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

RIP+

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
        Not too familiar with him, but I am sure he was seen advertising something to do with elderly or disability aids on daytime television in the last 10 years - one tended to feel sorry to see someone like him who was once quite famous, being demoted to the ad breaks during the day.

Comment

That's the one - it's like when the late John Stalker was relegated to daytime TV ad breaks flogging security garage doors. One cannot help feeling sorry for Darrow being limited to breaks during Countdown and the like promoting mobility scooters.
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I was gutted when I heard about his death. That'll be it I think for the new Big Audio Blake's 7 adventures with his passing even though there will be 2 posthumous releases with Darrow appearing as Avon in November 2019/February 2020.

Comment

Working...
            X