RIP Justin Edinburgh ex Spurs player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Justin Edinburgh ex Spurs player

Justin the manager of newly Promoted back to the Leauge Leyton Orient who played for Tottenham memorably in the 90s has died of an Heart Attack on June 8th 2019

I think it is fair to say that though there was'nt as many good footballers in my opinion in the 90s compared to the 80s - that Justin along with Darren Anderton was one of the very very best and especialy given that in those days Tottenham was matching Man Utd I think along the lines of homegorown talent - even though Justin joined from Southend

RIP Justin Edinburgh

Re: RIP Justin Edinburgh ex Spurs player

When I first heard the news, I was actually thinking who was the last British football manager prior to Edinburgh who actually died whilst in office. Considering the fact that most managers only seem to be in charge of a football club for a relatively short space of time - probably two seasons or indeed two years on average - and the fact that most managers are not too old, and are in relatively good health in their 40s or 50s, they are mostly middle aged and were just 20 years or so away from their playing days.

The event of a manager dying in office seems almost unheard of, thankfully, although I suppose that if one goes back in time to 100 years or so, it seemed to probably happen a bit more often back then - managers were a lot older and had longer stints as boss of their respective football clubs.

On the other hand, if there were someone who would have been in charge of a club literally for the rest of their lives, I would have assumed someone like Alex Ferguson eventually, or even Brian Clough by virtue to his long stint at Nottingham Forest and the fact that his drinking in his latter years would have made him vulnerable from a health perspective.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Jock Stein died during a world cup qualifier while Scotland's manager.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I actually thinking of managers of football league clubs rather than managers of national football clubs. I have to admit that a football club manager isn't usually a job that most people associate with dying in office, thank goodness.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Very sad indeed apparently he had been at hospital a few days earlier to do with his heart.

R i p j.e
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

As a Spurs and Newport fan what sad news. I actually met him after a Newport game and he was so friendly.

RIP

Comment

Working...
            X