Recurring dreams and nightmares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recurring dreams and nightmares

There are two dreams that i have pretty regularly, the first and most frequent concerns a malevolent spirit (unseen) which lived in the bathroom of my parents first house, i was the only family member out of eight which was targeted by the spirit, he/she would pin me up against the wall so i couldn't move a muscle or i would be levitated up to the ceiling. nothing more sinister would happen and the last few times i had the dream i actually asked to be levitated and it would happen. I would love to know why i have this same dream so frequently and if there is something in my past which sparked it.
    The second dream i have on a recurring basis is one of being chased by a gang but the wind is so strong it is pushing me backwards as the gang get closer, my legs feel like lead as i try in vain to run, i usually wake up breathless but relieved it was just a dream.
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Re: Recurring dreams and nightmares

I have often have the odd dream and to wake up from it is such a relief if it's a bad one. On the other hand, if the dream is a nice one - something like meeting the right person and falling in love, when one wakes up it feels disappointing that it has ended forever. It's like briefly entering another world in a sort of bubble which bursts as soon as one wakes up if you know what I mean.

I don't really like to talk about them as I almost feel that talking about it feels as if it is one of those things that one would see the men in white coats for.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

As a kid I had a few recurring dreams:

1) A normal Dalek and a small Dalek burst through the G-Plan Wall Unit we had in our lounge, the small one was friendly but the large one wasn't and chased us. I'd hide in a few spots each time: a tree by the park, in the upper section of a house round the corner of ours, which for some reason had stairs going up to a balcony area only and the dalek couldn't get us. I don't know if the inside of the real house was actually like that or not.
      2) A white powder appeared on the yellow carpet of the hallway between my bedroom and the lounge (kind of like when a battery leaks) and I had to jump over it to get to the lounge, that was it! Mind you, whenever I went from my bedroom to the lounge in real life i'd run through the hall, through the open plan lounge/dining area/kitchen, and touch a kitchen bench before returning through the dining area to the lounge.
      3) Being on a boat with my brother which was sinking and he broke his arm, either that or we are at a park and he broke his arm. Always the same arm but he never did in real life, although he did have an operation a an adult on it because he suddenyl couldn't straighten it properly at the elbow.
      4) Floating up off my bed (about shoulder height) and flying like superman (albeit low level) to the village where we lived, again, that was it.

Haven't had those since adulthood though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
        As a kid I had a few recurring dreams:

1) A normal Dalek and a small Dalek burst through the G-Plan Wall Unit we had in our lounge, the small one was friendly but the large one wasn't and chased us. I'd hide in a few spots each time: a tree by the park, in the upper section of a house round the corner of ours, which for some reason had stairs going up to a balcony area only and the dalek couldn't get us. I don't know if the inside of the real house was actually like that or not.
        2) A white powder appeared on the yellow carpet of the hallway between my bedroom and the lounge (kind of like when a battery leaks) and I had to jump over it to get to the lounge, that was it! Mind you, whenever I went from my bedroom to the lounge in real life i'd run through the hall, through the open plan lounge/dining area/kitchen, and touch a kitchen bench before returning through the dining area to the lounge.
        3) Being on a boat with my brother which was sinking and he broke his arm, either that or we are at a park and he broke his arm. Always the same arm but he never did in real life, although he did have an operation a an adult on it because he suddenyl couldn't straighten it properly at the elbow.
        4) Floating up off my bed (about shoulder height) and flying like superman (albeit low level) to the village where we lived, again, that was it.

Haven't had those since adulthood though.
        Isn't the subconscious mind a weird thing, i wonder if dreams do have a connection with some reality that may have happened in our pasts
        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

I am almost certain that if you have got a good and comfortable bed to sleep in, it probably helps when it comes to the way we sleep, and whether we dream about good or bad things.
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
          X