• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pie And Mash

Pie mash and liquior lovely jubbly

Re: Pie And Mash

And whelks
    Last edited by Twocky61; 15-06-2019, 08:57.
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

liquior?....pray tell?
      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

the liquoir is a green parsley sauce which many people turn there nose up

you can buy pie mash and liquior in farmfood stores if you don't live in London

As for whelks I love them soaked in vinagar

Comment

I love pie with home made mash ☺ green parsley sauce doesn't sound very nice though, it's either ketchup or gravy for me.

Comment

Pie and mash is a southern thing isn’t it ?!?

I tried some mince meat pie with mash a short while ago and it was strangely delish - it was a juicy pie though- I’m not sure dry meat pie would work as well with JUST mash

Up north we tend to go meat pies , chips , peas and gravy ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My Dad loves his Pie,Mash and Liquor. We'll be visiting his favourite one on our next trip home.

Here in Australia Meat Pies are also very popular, but on their own, covered in tommy sauce. They have to be eaten by hand, no cutlery, just hold the pie and tuck in!

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
                My Dad loves his Pie,Mash and Liquor. We'll be visiting his favourite one on our next trip home.

Here in Australia Meat Pies are also very popular, but on their own, covered in tommy sauce. They have to be eaten by hand, no cutlery, just hold the pie and tuck in!
                Just back from Florida recently and they ( the yanks ) don't seem to have meat pies !?!??!

Just various fruit pies

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                  Pie and mash is a southern thing isn’t it ?!?

I tried some mince meat pie with mash a short while ago and it was strangely delish - it was a juicy pie though- I’m not sure dry meat pie would work as well with JUST mash

Up north we tend to go meat pies , chips , peas and gravy ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Yeah it's popular down south. Our local dish is scouse, it's very nice to have this time of year as it warms you up.
                  Our local chippy does a Pie Dinner, or a Sausage Dinner, same as you described, absolutely delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by djoki View Post
                    the liquoir is a green parsley sauce which many people turn there nose up

you can buy pie mash and liquior in farmfood stores if you don't live in London

As for whelks I love them soaked in vinagar
                    Are whelks a seafood?
                    I've had cockles soaked in vinegar which were lovely, shrimps are lovely too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post

I've recently come back from a trip to Australia, it was fantastic! I didn't try one of your pies though, but i did try the seafood, and i actually went to a barby. ☺

Comment

We've got all kinds of meat pies in Canada, commercial frozen varieties and fresh made. The quality might not always be much for the frozen though, they used to be good once. There are some frozen that are more locally made at one chain, the crust is still raw and they take awhile while the others are sort of pre-cooked and quick. There must be some delicatessens in the U.S. that make something decent, and I have had Bird's Eye pies frozen in the U.S. (but I just don't think they're much good, though again, they used to be) but I've mostly been in Alaska/Washington/Oregon/Idaho/Nevada/California, might be less likely to find such the further south you go, but who cares as the Mexican food gets better and better!
                        My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Originally posted by beccabear67 View Post
                          We've got all kinds of meat pies in Canada, commercial frozen varieties and fresh made. The quality might not always be much for the frozen though, they used to be good once. There are some frozen that are more locally made at one chain, the crust is still raw and they take awhile while the others are sort of pre-cooked and quick. There must be some delicatessens in the U.S. that make something decent, and I have had Bird's Eye pies frozen in the U.S. (but I just don't think they're much good, though again, they used to be) but I've mostly been in Alaska/Washington/Oregon/Idaho/Nevada/California, might be less likely to find such the further south you go, but who cares as the Mexican food gets better and better!
                          Hollands pies are my favorite, especially the meat and potato, i cover it with gravy and it's delicious!
                          I used to like pork pies until i found myself chewing on a piece of gristle, totally put me off them for life. I don't like steak and kidney either, working in a hospital kinda puts me off eating kidney! :-0

Comment

Hollands Pies - it gives "going Dutch" a double meaning!

By the way, Danniella, I like your new name!
                            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                            I'm having so much fun
                            My lucky number's one
                            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                              Hollands Pies - it gives "going Dutch" a double meaning!

By the way, Danniella, I like your new name!
                              Yeah using my real name is much better! ☺

I had a Hollands Pie for my dinner, much prefer to bring my own food into work rather than eat canteen food.

Comment

Working...
                              X