Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pie And Mash

Default Re: Pie And Mash

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletino View Post
    My Dad loves his Pie,Mash and Liquor. We'll be visiting his favourite one on our next trip home.

Here in Australia Meat Pies are also very popular, but on their own, covered in tommy sauce. They have to be eaten by hand, no cutlery, just hold the pie and tuck in!
    I've recently come back from a trip to Australia, it was fantastic! I didn't try one of your pies though, but i did try the seafood, and i actually went to a barby. ☺

We've got all kinds of meat pies in Canada, commercial frozen varieties and fresh made. The quality might not always be much for the frozen though, they used to be good once. There are some frozen that are more locally made at one chain, the crust is still raw and they take awhile while the others are sort of pre-cooked and quick. There must be some delicatessens in the U.S. that make something decent, and I have had Bird's Eye pies frozen in the U.S. (but I just don't think they're much good, though again, they used to be) but I've mostly been in Alaska/Washington/Oregon/Idaho/Nevada/California, might be less likely to find such the further south you go, but who cares as the Mexican food gets better and better!
    My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Quote Originally Posted by beccabear67 View Post
    We've got all kinds of meat pies in Canada, commercial frozen varieties and fresh made. The quality might not always be much for the frozen though, they used to be good once. There are some frozen that are more locally made at one chain, the crust is still raw and they take awhile while the others are sort of pre-cooked and quick. There must be some delicatessens in the U.S. that make something decent, and I have had Bird's Eye pies frozen in the U.S. (but I just don't think they're much good, though again, they used to be) but I've mostly been in Alaska/Washington/Oregon/Idaho/Nevada/California, might be less likely to find such the further south you go, but who cares as the Mexican food gets better and better!
    Hollands pies are my favorite, especially the meat and potato, i cover it with gravy and it's delicious!
    I used to like pork pies until i found myself chewing on a piece of gristle, totally put me off them for life. I don't like steak and kidney either, working in a hospital kinda puts me off eating kidney! :-0

Hollands Pies - it gives "going Dutch" a double meaning!

By the way, Danniella, I like your new name!
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    Hollands Pies - it gives "going Dutch" a double meaning!

By the way, Danniella, I like your new name!
    Yeah using my real name is much better! ☺

I had a Hollands Pie for my dinner, much prefer to bring my own food into work rather than eat canteen food.

That was probably one of the reason why I went home for lunch while I was at school.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

I used to take a packed lunch to school, i did have a school pudding though sometimes when there was some left over, the dinner ladies would give out bowls of banana custard to the kids who had packed lunches, to this day i still love banana custard.

That's the thing about going home for lunch - independence. No having to go with what the school wanted you to have.