Im off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im off

Just to say ive been a member of D U R only for a short while and i got the impression apart from a few members no one is intrested.

Ive tried to get involved

Also I find it dubious when looking up members names and locations on other side of the world if true I find a bit wary with no posts

Like to say thank you to the members that had replied to my posts and wish you well and good luck.

Djoki

Re: Im off

I have to say in Djoki's defense i have in the past wondered why so many members fail to participate in the many and varied threads on here, bye mate sorry DYR failed to meet your expectations
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Echoing what Tex has just said, I am also sorry that the forum didn't meet Djoki's expectations either.

As I said before, there are people who just join up to ask a question and go away again, while one or two stay for years - it's a bit like whether you are going to just buy a loaf of bread from a supermarket or do all of your week's food shopping every week from there. I joined DYR in a "general" way rather than as a fan of a pop group or a TV programme.

I wish Djoki well and good luck as well.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

tc Djoki; sorry to see you go so soon after registering
        sigpic
        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

The members list is a list of people who registered to join the form for well over a decade.
          Some people just like to read the threads,some people find what they are after by searching threads and therefore feel no need to post. Some members just never find thier way back.
          It's just list of members they are doing no harm by simply being there.
          All new members first posts have to be approved before its published.
          Heather

Comment

How bizarre ..

Oddly enough , rightly or wrongly, I’ve always regarded this forum as a busy , bustling place ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
              How bizarre ..

Oddly enough , rightly or wrongly, I’ve always regarded this forum as a busy , bustling place ..

There are a handful of members who will check in regularly, but a vast majority and i mean vast who rarely check in or even NEVER check in. Personally i will answer and contribute towards any threads to which i feel i have something to add but it upsets me when i see 50 views and 2 replies, it's nice that fellow members take the time to reply and makes you feel a part of something and Djoki did not feel that way....such a shame
              Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

I visit this site for nostalgia. I visit the forum regularly, which must be concerning.

Comment

I am often like that on other forums - sometimes I sign in one or twice a year and contribute on other forums, but those sort of forums are usually ones where such an interest is narrow and limited such as one for a certain TV programme or pop group. They do have limited interest to someone like myself. On the other hand, the 1980s is the "middle" decade which DYR covers and is my own focal point - it helps as it also covers the decades before and after it. I also visit this forum for nostalgia as well, and that is the main reason why I keep coming back.

I do think that some threads can be about something in the past which is too obscure or forgotten about by everyone else, and that is the problem when it comes to nostalgia and one happens to be only person to remember something.

I often start threads about obscure things from the 1980s, and obviously it can have very few responses. I don't get upset about it as I know that everyone has been brought up differently at slightly different times so memories of something can be strong or none-existent - as a result they have experienced their early years rather differently, especially when one takes into account where they grew up - whether it was in the North or the South of England, or even the United States or Australia.
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I Check in occasionally, my life is pretty hectic what with work and kids etc, but I do pop in when I can - like today

there are several sites I used to frequent quite a lot, I also blame facebook for my absenteeism, wish I'd never started it to be honest
                    Last edited by culnara; 23-06-2019, 10:52.
                    DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Maybe we should start sending out emails with links to our trending / popular threads to EVERY member each week ??

I get them from other forums .. follow the links and end up spending a while there

Comment

The problem with that is that if someone hasn't been a member for a long while, the chances are that they would not be interested and so it would probably end up in the Deleted part of their email system. If anyone is interested in coming back, then the website (via Google) would easily speak for itself rather than an email pinpointing to the forum. As a regular member myself, I don't really need to have an email sent to me when I have the forum bookmarked on my computer, and just click on the link.

There are some members who take a six month break and then come back, or take a break of longer than six months of you know what I mean. At the end of the day, each member, (or indeed each former member), happens to be different to the next person.
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Could be they’re just busy rather than disinterested though ..

The emailed links certainly entice me back onto their forums soooooo

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                            Maybe we should start sending out emails with links to our trending / popular threads to EVERY member each week ??

I get them from other forums .. follow the links and end up spending a while there

I'll pass your suggestion on
                            Heather

Comment

Still here..........

I don't always check in but I do have a look once a week sometime twice a week.

You can only say so much then start to repeat yourself. Not everything interests me or jogs a memory so I cannot reply to it all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X