Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Im off

Default Im off

Just to say ive been a member of D U R only for a short while and i got the impression apart from a few members no one is intrested.

Ive tried to get involved

Also I find it dubious when looking up members names and locations on other side of the world if true I find a bit wary with no posts

Like to say thank you to the members that had replied to my posts and wish you well and good luck.

Djoki

Default Re: Im off

I have to say in Djoki's defense i have in the past wondered why so many members fail to participate in the many and varied threads on here, bye mate sorry DYR failed to meet your expectations
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

Echoing what Tex has just said, I am also sorry that the forum didn't meet Djoki's expectations either.

As I said before, there are people who just join up to ask a question and go away again, while one or two stay for years - it's a bit like whether you are going to just buy a loaf of bread from a supermarket or do all of your week's food shopping every week from there. I joined DYR in a "general" way rather than as a fan of a pop group or a TV programme.

I wish Djoki well and good luck as well.
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).

tc Djoki; sorry to see you go so soon after registering

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

The members list is a list of people who registered to join the form for well over a decade.
    Some people just like to read the threads,some people find what they are after by searching threads and therefore feel no need to post. Some members just never find thier way back.
    It's just list of members they are doing no harm by simply being there.
    All new members first posts have to be approved before its published.

How bizarre ..

Oddly enough , rightly or wrongly, Iíve always regarded this forum as a busy , bustling place ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    How bizarre ..

Oddly enough , rightly or wrongly, Iíve always regarded this forum as a busy , bustling place ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    There are a handful of members who will check in regularly, but a vast majority and i mean vast who rarely check in or even NEVER check in. Personally i will answer and contribute towards any threads to which i feel i have something to add but it upsets me when i see 50 views and 2 replies, it's nice that fellow members take the time to reply and makes you feel a part of something and Djoki did not feel that way....such a shame
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

I visit this site for nostalgia. I visit the forum regularly, which must be concerning.

I am often like that on other forums - sometimes I sign in one or twice a year and contribute on other forums, but those sort of forums are usually ones where such an interest is narrow and limited such as one for a certain TV programme or pop group. They do have limited interest to someone like myself. On the other hand, the 1980s is the "middle" decade which DYR covers and is my own focal point - it helps as it also covers the decades before and after it. I also visit this forum for nostalgia as well, and that is the main reason why I keep coming back.

I do think that some threads can be about something in the past which is too obscure or forgotten about by everyone else, and that is the problem when it comes to nostalgia and one happens to be only person to remember something.

I often start threads about obscure things from the 1980s, and obviously it can have very few responses. I don't get upset about it as I know that everyone has been brought up differently at slightly different times so memories of something can be strong or none-existent - as a result they have experienced their early years rather differently, especially when one takes into account where they grew up - whether it was in the North or the South of England, or even the United States or Australia.
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).

I Check in occasionally, my life is pretty hectic what with work and kids etc, but I do pop in when I can - like today

there are several sites I used to frequent quite a lot, I also blame facebook for my absenteeism, wish I'd never started it to be honest
    Last edited by culnara; 23-06-2019 at 10:52.
    Reckless Stu
    http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php

DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!