Im off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Im off

Pop quiz....How many syllables in pedantic?
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
      Ironic dont you think that Djoki left after 2 days because nobody was responding to his posts and yet this one "i'm off" has 29 replies
      I was thinking exactly the same yesterday
      Heather

Comment

I think it's par for the course with most forums. One of the forums I frequent has more than 10,000 members but there's only a few dozen or so active members who are the core group. Social media is also a factor as I also spend more time on Facebook these days.

Comment

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
          I think it's par for the course with most forums. One of the forums I frequent has more than 10,000 members but there's only a few dozen or so active members who are the core group. Social media is also a factor as I also spend more time on Facebook these days.
          I think you're right there Victor I think Facebook groups are replacing forums, forums are a bit old school now.
          The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I keep hoping that Facebook will lose its popularity overnight like MySpace seemed to a few years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have to admit that even though I have been a member of Facebook for over a decade, I try to stay away from the website - I do feel a bit uneasy mostly because: A) My real name is on there and others can see it; and: B) Seeing so many familiar names from the past makes me feel a bit uneasy, whereas on a forum like this, I can feel a lot more anonymous and incognito when I post. As far as I am concerned, the forum is still going strong, and compared to social media it gives more comfort and one can use this without any fingers pointing from familiar people who I knew in the past. I am also with Twitter but haven't used mine for a couple of years now.
              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

My sentiments esactly George
                sigpic
                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by HG View Post
                  I think you're right there Victor I think Facebook groups are replacing forums, forums are a bit old school now.
                  HAHA Doyouremember Forums?
                  Heather

Comment

I reckon that Facebook will eventually get replaced by something else ( like MySpace was ) and just lose its appeal .. then everyone will come back to the forums ..

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                      I reckon that Facebook will eventually get replaced by something else ( like MySpace was ) and just lose its appeal .. then everyone will come back to the forums ..

Hope so ...but doubt it.
                      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                        I don't think that I will be joining its replacement - I often end up having a "once bitten, twice shy" feeling towards social media.
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                          I don't think that I will be joining its replacement - I often end up having a "once bitten, twice shy" feeling towards social media.
                          Same .... I invested so much time , effort and imagination into my MySpace account and it practically died over one weekend ( well it felt like that )

Comment

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
                            HAHA Doyouremember Forums?
                            I certainly do!
                            Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

I don't think that anyone will start a Do you remember "Do You Remember"? just yet. Not for a few years anyway.
                              I'm having so much fun
                              My lucky number's one
                              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                                I don't think that anyone will start a Do you remember "Do You Remember"? just yet. Not for a few years anyway.
                                I will remember you saying that...
                                Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
                                X