Whistling Key-Rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whistling Key-Rings

Big in the mid 80s I think, lots of people had one of these at my school. And it was a good idea too, I can't think why you don't see these for sale today.
    The basic idea was that you whistled and the device would bleep back at you.

Re: Whistling Key-Rings

Hehe i'm the type of person, who would still manage to lose my keys, even with the Whistling key ring!!! Got through a fair few.
    you can still get them on line.
    Heather

Comment

Cheers.
      Can girls whistle?

Comment

I remember one Xmas I was given a whistling key ring.

One of my other pressies was an Elkie Brooks album.

Every time Elkie sang the high notes in "Dont cry out loud", the bl**dy key ring went berserk.
        Used to drive me mad.

Buzz

Comment

Originally posted by jason h View Post
          Cheers.
          Can girls whistle?
          This one can, but was brought up not too.Nan use to say
          " a whistling girl and a crowing hen, will bring the devil dancing from his den"
          Heather

Comment

Comment

My friend's mum had one, I think it may have beeped when you whistled at it, and I had great fun whistling at it one day. A few days after that, I went to my friend's house again, and her mum told me she'd lost the keys, and no-one in the house could hit the right note. I whistled, and sure enough, it responded.
              It would drive me mad now if someone had one, the sound of whistling sets my teeth on edge; I feel like biting people who insist on whistling on the bus
              The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir.

Comment

You should meet my dad, he has the worlds most tuneless whistle,I can find him in a crowd by it he also had one of these as he is always forgetting his keys. but his whistle wouldn't set it off

Comment

I havent heard anyone whistling for years....used to be either a postman or the milkman thing lol..

But I remember whistling keyrings think my dad had a few thought they were the best thing since sliced bread (poor dad lead a sheltered life)

Lainey
                  Leopopause
                  The time in a lady's life when she is suddenly drawn to wearing leopard print. Pre-leopopausal women think leopard print tops are slightly tacky no matter what the fashion du jour, while the post-leopopausal believe they add a touch of African mystique to any outfit.

Comment

ERRRRRR I should keep my keys and my mobile together as I have to get Oggy to phone my mobile at least once a week to find it!
                    sigpic
                    Mrs Oggy
                    ~~~*~~~*~~~
                    Count your friends amongst the stars....
                    And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Once a week ,I have to ring mine once a day
                      Heather

Comment

These thing's honestly must be the most tackiest things going,these are the type of things you find in pound shops and grabbing machines on Blackpool seafront....

SORRY!

sigpic

Comment

Well what can I say, One of our best sellers is the old whistling key ring.
                          we sell ours at 99p.
                          We started selling these about 3 years ago as we kept being asked for them, being a key cutting shop (amongst other things).

Comment

Working...
                          X