Thread: RIP Freddie Jones

Default RIP Freddie Jones

An actor who with over 50 years in the business, who appeared in The Man Who Haunted Himself, Randall & Hopkirk, and Emmerdale.

Default Re: RIP Freddie Jones

Great character actor - had played some eccentric roles. I saw him in a children's film where he was brilliant in character.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Loved his portrayal of the cruel sideshow MC in The elephant man, father of actor Toby jones another fine actor
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

I know this is awfully late, but I watched the film 'Erik The Viking' again the other day, and I'd forgotten that Freddie Jones played Harald Missionary - a Christian missionary who'd never made a convert among the Vikings in years. He was hysterically funny!

There was a series in 1976 which I recall watching called The Ghosts of Motley Hall.
    Freddie Jones starred in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by hazel View Post
    I know this is awfully late, but I watched the film 'Erik The Viking' again the other day, and I'd forgotten that Freddie Jones played Harald Missionary - a Christian missionary who'd never made a convert among the Vikings in years. He was hysterically funny!
    I don't think there is a time limit - after all, he is the late Freddie Jones.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Quote Originally Posted by hazel View Post
    Hi Hazel, don't be afraid to bump up an old thread, in my opinion it doesn't happen enough!
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

I liked him in Ghosts Of Motley Hall too, as Sir George Uproar (that was by the same creator who was behind Catweazle). I was surprised when he turned up on the short-lived David Lynch tv series 'On The Air' about a fictitious early U.S. television station (this has the actor who played Squiggy in Laverne & Shirley as some kind of foreign director). I'll have to see who he played on Emmerdale, I probably saw him and didn't quite realize.
    My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles