Family get togethers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Family get togethers

One thing I get frustrated about is getting responses from women who are, shall we say, implausible. Only last week via an appeal I had got a response from a woman who due to personal difficulties, was unable to have a family of her own. Now, I want to have a family of my own, and so obviously this frustrated me, but I have to say that I always seem to get the wrong type of person responding and often they are the complete opposite of someone that I am looking for - that is what makes me frustrated.

And when I tell people about it to see if they can help, the same type of response almost happens every time.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
      In many ways I often make this more than apparent so that people can understand - it is good that you have picked up on this Tex because I can explain in a bit more detail. I would rather write about this on here rather than have hidden away in a PM - the more people who see this the better.

It is indeed a big issue in my life, and I am doing everything I can to find someone. The obvious places like pubs are out of the question as I don't like loud noises and all that. I have tried speed dating where a woman who didn't want to know me, basically put the phone down on me. I even tried application forms for The Undateables, First Dates, and even Blind Date (the Channel 5 version of course). As you can probably see from my signature, I am now in my 40s, and I am worried that life will pass me by if I don't find someone - reaching that milestone had depressed me into thinking what I have done in my life so far. Ever since I reached 40 last August, I have had depression in relation to this - it was indeed noticed in some of the posts I made on here just before Christmas last year, and I believe that was one symptom of it.

I would love it if a friend or a relative would introduce me to someone as I know that is how couples get to meet for the first time - if I know the person who introduces me to someone, and they know that other person, then that would be easy. As my birthday is next month, I would love to find someone by then. I am an isolated person who finds telephone, letters and email a better way of communication as to meeting someone rather than face to face for the first time.

Anyway, I found out yesterday that I won a meal for two at a local restaurant - the big question is who would go with me? I would love to find someone who can go with me to the place, and I have to admit that it is inspiring me even more to look for someone. I don't mind talking about it as it is a lot better than bottling it up inside where it can sometimes be lethal to do so.
      You are much like me in social situations I think ..

You could start doing some volunteer work .... maybe places where kind hearted people meet regularly ( daily or something) like food kitchens for the homeless .. amongst all the volunteers there’s gonna be a few nice looking women, possibly free and single ..

That way you get a big hearted friend with benefits...

Just a thought ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

PS

I’m sure I read some people meet others doing the ‘big’ shop either early or late .. there are some supermarkets who have set times where ‘singles’ are likely to be shopping .. you’d have to Google .

Quick link

http://www.pinkfridge.com/lal_dating/supermarket.htm

Comment

Yes, I have heard of that - I think that Asda have done them. However, it's not supermarkets that I have problems with, but more social situations such like pubs and clubs - it has always baffled me at how couples meet each other and it still does as a matter of fact.

People have recommended volunteer work to me, but for some reason, I always have in my mind elderly people and the like who do those sorts of things. Fair enough, but my weaknesses has always been those who are of a similar age or slightly younger than myself.

As for "supermarket dating" I suppose that it does involve going down a different sort of aisle...
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
          X