PE and towels, soap etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PE and towels, soap etc

My first Secondary provided us with lovely Hot Towels for a little while in the First 2 Years (Year 7 and 8 in Today's currency) and Soap in the Showers? Did anyobodyy else's school's provide these for after PE?

As much as my 2nd Secondary was an "Usain Bolt in front of my first one", no I don't recall they provided them .... but after 3rd Year (or Year 9) it was'nt mandatory to go in the Showers after PE

Sometimes my first school missed out on adding Towels so the Teacher had to go to his Office attached to the Changing Rooms to ring through or whatever for them .... but all this to/for me harps back to yes "less innocent days when Council's and school's provided things and/or helped as much as they could with Services (I think you'd call this), but as much as those days are way gone and gladly so in many respects for me, I do miss the day's of things bing more like that" and fear for kids o Today and the future Re;, all the Cutbacks and how we aare PC and red Tape Orientated (and especially like Towels in Schools Today) as Kids would moan over an accidential hair landinding one one) and get the P Brigade out via their Parents and a Lawsuit!!
    80sChav

Re: PE and towels, soap etc

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
    My first Secondary provided us with lovely Hot Towels for a little while in the First 2 Years (Year 7 and 8 in Today's currency) and Soap in the Showers? Did anyobodyy else's school's provide these for after PE?

As much as my 2nd Secondary was an "Usain Bolt in front of my first one", no I don't recall they provided them .... but after 3rd Year (or Year 9) it was'nt mandatory to go in the Showers after PE

Sometimes my first school missed out on adding Towels so the Teacher had to go to his Office attached to the Changing Rooms to ring through or whatever for them .... but all this to/for me harps back to yes "less innocent days when Council's and school's provided things and/or helped as much as they could with Services (I think you'd call this), but as much as those days are way gone and gladly so in many respects for me, I do miss the day's of things bing more like that" and fear for kids o Today and the future Re;, all the Cutbacks and how we aare PC and red Tape Orientated (and especially like Towels in Schools Today) as Kids would moan over an accidential hair landinding one one) and get the P Brigade out via their Parents and a Lawsuit!!
    80sChav
    Back in the good old days when the rich actually paid their taxes, & didn't need the working class as a brainwashed stooge army to do their dirty work for them.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Re: PE and towels, soap etc

That school sounds like a hotel to be honest, supplying towels and soap. My school wasn't like that, probably because the pupils didn't really want to use towels that others had used - think of PE kit from lost property.

One thing I didn't like was having to shower after PE - cross-country running, and someone hid my towel so I had to: A) shiver; and: B) try and think of a way of getting the towel back, as well as trying to cover myself up at the same time. Swimming wasn't too bad for obvious reasons as a towel was needed anyway - I know we are almost into Wash 'n' Go territory here, but there you go.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I remember the filthy cracked slivers of soap on the sinks in the wash room of my primary school. They probably were crawling with bacteria, the roller towels left something to be desired too!

That was in the late sixties to early seventies,standards and expectations change over time, sometimes for the better and sometimes not.

Comment

Working...
        X