Mop Top Hair Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mop Top Hair Shop

I'm sure most people probably remember the original Play-Doh Mop Top Hair Shop which was released by Kenner in 1986 (picture of original in box attached)

I can remember a later release c.1991 which was released by Hasbro (who had by then taken over Kenner). It had a very different design (almost identical to the design in the first picture attached)

I often see the original 1986 version on ebay but can never find the later one.

Anybody remember the 1991 version?
    Attached Files
    Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as Gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

Re: Mop Top Hair Shop

The best thing about PlayDoh is the SMELL !!!!! !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I had a version called Monster Shop, where the figures were ghoul like.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

When I saw the picture, I thought that they looked like yellow pepper shakers!
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Yes, there were (I believe) quite a few versions over the years. I suspect that the 'updated' 1991 model was introduced because the chair (which pumped the dough to create the growing hair effect) from the original design would begin to buckle and break apart once the soft play-doh became a little more firm. I must have went through about 3 of the original model in as many years before the 1991 model ('yellow pepper shakers') was released. The new model never broke, not once. Being the more durable of the two models, it's strange that it has not survived to appear on ebay. The original has.
          Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as Gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

Comment

I remember my set had trouble once the dough started to get old & hard.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
            X