Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help unlocking a 70s memory

Good evening.
    I have just discovered this forum whilst trying to find the name of a programme/series I think I saw in the 70s.
    I was kind of a sickly child and spent quite a few days home alone watching daytime TV and one half memory has been haunting me for years now.
    I'm not even sure if I watched much of it as I found the opening music and images quite depressing.
    I am fairly certain the opening music is piano music by Erik Satie called Gymonpedies.
    The images I have are a strange couple in black and white and it just seemed to be set in a dingy living room with a dining table in the middle.
    I know it's not this but I seem to think the title was two names like harold and maude but obviously not that.
    I have scoured nearly all 130 pages on this forum and IMDB listings with no joy so hoping one of you with an amazing memory can recall?
    Many thanks
    Rool

Re: Help unlocking a 70s memory

Maybe try this link for starters

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0006273/fi...?ref_=m_nmfm_1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
      Maybe try this link for starters

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0006273/fi...?ref_=m_nmfm_1

That's a great link, thank you.
      It wasn't there but it's amazing how much that piece of music has been used. I find it so depressing.
      Maybe I imagined it all along or it was just a forgettable moment in television that I just chanced upon.

Comment

Just start searching key words in Google .. the 70’s , the type of program ( drama / comedy / kid’s program etc ) , the composer , the piece of music etc

Comment

Originally posted by Rool View Post
          Good evening.
          I have just discovered this forum whilst trying to find the name of a programme/series I think I saw in the 70s.
          I was kind of a sickly child and spent quite a few days home alone watching daytime TV and one half memory has been haunting me for years now.
          I'm not even sure if I watched much of it as I found the opening music and images quite depressing.
          I am fairly certain the opening music is piano music by Erik Satie called Gymonpedies.
          The images I have are a strange couple in black and white and it just seemed to be set in a dingy living room with a dining table in the middle.
          I know it's not this but I seem to think the title was two names like harold and maude but obviously not that.
          I have scoured nearly all 130 pages on this forum and IMDB listings with no joy so hoping one of you with an amazing memory can recall?
          Many thanks
          Rool
          I don't have the answer Rool but i share your frustration, i was tormented for probably 30+ years by a programme i saw as a young kid with memories of a scary dwarf,a princess and a giant fish that got stuck in a frozen lake, i must of asked a thousand people if they remembered it, eventually about 10 years ago thanks to the internet i was able to put a name to it.....The singing ringing tree.
          Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
            I don't have the answer Rool but i share your frustration, i was tormented for probably 30+ years by a programme i saw as a young kid with memories of a scary dwarf,a princess and a giant fish that got stuck in a frozen lake, i must of asked a thousand people if they remembered it, eventually about 10 years ago thanks to the internet i was able to put a name to it.....The singing ringing tree.
            I spent decades telling anyone who would listen about Cunzel Cakes but nobody had ever even heard of them .. I started thinking it was ‘false memory syndrome’ then last year a woman said ‘ oh yes , I loved them !’

She went onto describe them much better than I ever managed

Comment

Originally posted by Rool View Post
              Good evening.
              Many thanks
              Rool
              Not sure about the music, but could it be George and Mildred? Or 'Til Death Us Do Part?

Comment

Working...
              X