Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dungeons and Dragons

Did anyone watch this as a child?

My better half has bought me the first 2 series on dvd for my birthday and ooooohhhhhhh the memories

Re: Dungeons and Dragons

I was a bit older than a child when D&D came to the TV but it did tie in with the time I was dabbling in playing the game and giving myself bad eyesight painting some miniatures. Go here: http://www.michaelreaves.com/requiem_preface.htm for the story behind the planned 'final' story for the series (do they get back?).

And for those old/young enough to have grown up with a TV diet of '80s animation (He-Man, She-Ra, Transformers, MASK etc.) there's a 'fan' magazine just for you at - http://www.cerealgeek.com/

It's quite funny in that it does take some rather 'sideways' looks at all your faves but it's been done really well.

Now where's that 12 sided die and monster manual

Comment

My favourite cartoon series as a kid - I had them on tape until buying the DVD boxset....well I still have the tapes, can't throw them out lol It has my name written on the side in those stickers and my childhood handwriting with the episodes written on the side

Comment

Yeah i vagualy remember watching it
        Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

Am I the only one who'd have handed Uni over to Venger in that episode in order to get home? In fact, I'd have handed him over anyway. I love unicorns, but he was SO IRRITATING!!!!!!!!!!!
          ^..^

Comment

Re: Dungeons and Dragons GAME by TSR

from 2000AD comic 25 Oct 1986:

(along with BMX oil!)

sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

I remember watching it a few times, I think it had at least 2 runs on CBBC & possibly as a segement of Going Live, (might be wrong on that!)

Here's some great info on the series:

Dungeons & Dragons
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

remember watching it on cbbc in the eighties.
                  im sure it had at least 2 runs n cbbc.

i think a film was made of it.

c
                  Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                  I remember watching it a few times, I think it had at least 2 runs on CBBC & possibly as a segement of Going Live, (might be wrong on that!)

Here's some great info on the series:

Dungeons & Dragons
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I remember it very well.I had already left school by the time this cartoon hit the telly in 1983.I took interest in it as I was already involved in several local D&D groups in the area where I lived possibly also a tunnels and trolls group.I did not really separate the two back then as it was all fantasy based.D&D had been a passion of mine since at least 1980 by then.It seems quite funny looking back at this cartoon as it really sums up several years of my life near the end of my brush with D&D just before Runequest became popular for another few short years.

There was a Dungeons and Dragons based film I think released sometime in the early 80's,but wasn't it based around a kid who's brother died due to a miss hap in real life role playing?Memory is very cloudy on this one.So long ago now.

Comment

I used to love this cartoon...but did anyone else think that the dungeon master was a bit of a ****? I mean, he was, after all, responsible for nicking the kids in the first place and putting them all in danger. Was the purpose of all this just done to try and redeem his son Venger? One wonders what he would have done to them all if they actually had decided to kill Venger in the episode Dragon's Graveyard. Would he have turned on them?

Comment

Working...
                      X