No announcement yet.

What were your favourite 80s clothes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What were your favourite 80s clothes?

late 80's here - lived in my wonderful coloured shell suit (tounge firmly in cheek)
    "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

studds, lots and lots of sudds, studded belts, wrist bands, studds in your jacket saying "motorhead" or w/e, yeah studds ftw!

Vivien took the sudds one more lvl in the Young Ones
      Love is an invention by bank managers to keep you overdrawn - Rick Mayall/ The Young Ones

Comment

Ok I was a kid of the late 70's early 80's. No one here mentioned H.A.S.H pants, yo yo's sandals, cherokee shoes (on ebay now for up to $80.00) ice cream jeans, abrie rose jeans. I must be the oldest person here. Thirty nine and love remembering when.

Comment

Hi Tammy Fellow 39 yr old !

Being a blurke I can't say I wore the same as you ........ Well not admitting it here anyway

I wore - Skintight jeans / trousers - Leg warmers - Bowie trousers - Two tone stuff - Cross over ( New Romantic) shirts all early 80's -

- Adidas Samba 's had to polish the white stripes til they were purple !

Bought a pair a couple of years back - still love 'em

Comment

Well I dont think Burbs would get into those skin tight jeans now, but then I`d struggle too. Fave clothes from the 80`s would have to be frilly white shirts, jeans and black suede ankle boots from my new romantic days.
            Black pencil skirt, loafers, white polo shirt and black harrington jacket from ska days.
            My very retro Notts County shirt from the days when we were in the old first division and giving our neighbours a run for their money.
            Before all that though, I loved my red jeans, Bay City Roller top, stripey socks, adidas trainers and silk rollers scarf tied around my wrist, fab. At least I thought so.

DeeCee

Comment

My favourite sneakers I had in the eighties were my Adidas 'Run DMC'. The stuff dreams were made of! I bought them one Halloween, and hours later spotted hardened wax from my lantern all over them! I felt sick to the stomach until I realised it came off fine with a quick flick of the fingernail!

Ended up going through 5 pairs of Nike Destiny, which I was also a bit partial to! Also Samba's, remember my best friends uncle assuring me at the time that they were 'proper f*ck!n' trainers, son!' Never managed to get one of those lovely blue berghaus puffa jackets with the red lining, as modelled by hip-hoppers Hijack and most graffiti writers up here at that time, amazed I've never managed to find one with the powers of the net. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be eternally grateful!
              "My Dad's taller than your Dad."

Comment

I had a brill grey sweater with a picture of Rambo on it...it was my fave
                sigpic

Comment

I was and still am a rocker, so fashion didn't really come into it for me, but I remember my first pair of jeans. I was 14, and got them from Port Vale market, a pair of Lee if I remember. My mum nearly had to peel them of me to get them in the washer.
                  Last edited by sixtyten; 24-06-2007, 18:46.

Comment

coming from Port Vale / staffs area has the 80's arrived yet or not ????

Only kidding !!!

I must admit that to me rockers only had to put a pair of jeans and a Blaqck t-shirt on and they could have been from the late 60's til now ..............! sorry !!!

However fashion monkeys like me .............

Comment

I had black jeans that lasted me from 1983 to the 90s!!
                      Now thats getting the most from your wardrobe

Comment

Originally posted by danbakuk View Post
                        I had a brill grey sweater with a picture of Rambo on it...it was my fave

errrr This one Dan ??
                        Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
                        <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

*snigger*

Comment

please donot snigger....*sob, sob*:cry:
                            sigpic

Comment

I was a rocker too in the late 80s, so my clobber consisted of skin tight jeans, various heavy metal band t shirts, denim jacket and basketball boots. I quite often had hippy shouted at me

Early 80s I remember doing the flourescent socks, also did stonewashed jeans.
                              The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Fred Perry T Shirt, Dr Martin boots & Red braces.

Comment

Working...
                                X