No announcement yet.

What were your favourite 80s clothes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What were your favourite 80s clothes?

I had a pair of break dancing or BOP pants that were bright bright rocket red, very baggie and had lots of large poc kets and zips all over them !!!

Comment

Leg Warmers
      Multi Coloured Socks
      Tank Tops
      Collots-was these the short trousers what looked like a skirt if you stood with your legs together

Comment

Global Hypercolor T Shirts
        Wallaby Shoes
        LA Gear
        Puffa Jackets with brown felt across the shoulders

Comment

I shall be getting a new pair tomorrow..

Loved these boots in the 80's

Hi-Tec Hi Tops
          http://www.dazeddigital.com/incoming...-1982-hi-tops/

Available at River Island
          Last edited by sixtyten; 22-05-2008, 00:53.

Comment

Doc Marts, Harrington jacket, grandad shirts, those parkas that we ALL had..came in green or blue, had fur edge around the hood (go on admit it!), ...

....those woollen jumpers, with a semi-circular patten that went from one shoulder, across the chest, to the other shoulder

big /long /heavy overcoat (going up to Uni it seemed you HAD to have one)
            sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

My favourie 80's clothes were, and still are jeans and tee-shirts, pref black with Iron Maiden or Ozzy osbourne transfers

Comment

The 80's..... happy, happy memories of long hot summers, and parties (I think we started the phrase teenage binge drinking!).

I always wanted a pair of pale pink 'pods' but never got a pair

Donkey Jackets (from Was's Market, Nr Longton, Stoke on Trent), and army bags which had to have writing all over them in black or blue permanent marker pen, then frayed to look 'old'....

Never got a pair of Nikes either - had to do with tesco tearaways!!!!

God, maybe my life in the 80's wasn't all that then.... but saying that, I did have pastal coloured jackets, skirts, bangles, necklaces and earring... all matching of course... oh yes and royal blue and fuchia pink batwing jumpers.....

Can anyone remember the badges you used to get with bubblegum (I think it was bubblegum - defo some sort of sweet) - always plastic and usually a rock band, I had AC/DC, Deep Purple and a couple of others.. but they didn't go with my pastal jacket so had to be hidden away - the shame
                Last edited by sixtyten; 27-06-2008, 21:39.
                Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn....

Comment

Originally posted by Bozebo View Post
                  (from Was's Market, Nr Longton, Stoke on Trent)
                  Did you grow up in Stoke On Trent Bozebo? I Remember going to Was's Market to choose a few stocking fillers for christmas, I got a doll the cried when you pulled it's dummy ouy and its cheeks glowed red. It smelt of baby talc too, very sickly sweet. My older brothers went there too to get their jeans and trainers
                  Heather

Comment

No, I didn't grow up in Stoke on Trent, but my dad's family still live in that area (Bradeley & Smallthorne) - we used to live in Basford (Nr Newcastle) then moved to Madeley when I was little... & I've lived there most of my life... apart from a few years where me & hubby lived in Tunstall then last year moved back to Madeley (wanted kids to go to Madeley schools). I used to love going to Was's market though... (was it a Tuesday night? Can't remember!) - especially at Christmas! It had such a good feeling about it (iykwim It's such a shame it closed down.... Clough Street market isn't half as good!

Do you live in the Stoke area?

Comment

I think it may of been a Tuesday night, which as a kid added to the excitment a bit like late late night shopping at Christmas
                      I've lived in Stoke-On -Trent all my life I will travel one day lol
                      Heather

Comment

Nowt wrong with Stoke duck! I always say I'm from Stoke when I go on holiday (although, geographically I'm not) - I love Stoke, always have and always will. I've got alot of very, very good friends from the Stoke area, true, honest people who I can say, with my hand on my heart, that I am priviliged to know. The majority of the people are really friendly (inc you ) and you know you can always have a laugh! Anyway, without Stoke on Trent, where on earth would we be without the bacon and cheese oatcake (and not those stupid little biscuit type things which have the same name).

Dare I ask this.... Stoke or Vale

Comment

I'm not fussed either way, not much of a footie fan, but If I had to chose Stoke I guess. I have three brothers, One supports Stoke , one Vale and the other Manchester United so there was always a bit of friendly sibling rivalry going on.
                          As for Stoke everyone always says how nice and friendly the people are, I'm sure there are much, much worse places to live
                          Heather

Comment

Bacon & Cheese oatcake sounds yummy

Comment

Oh they are you just pop them under the grill with the cheese add the bacon roll them up and yum!!
                              I'll have to see if I can find some with a few days shelf life and send you some to try, bit like bread only last a few days, First class should get em there though
                              Heather

Comment

Snoods, fluorescent socks and jelly shoes!! (Although not all at the same time )

Jelly shoes were the comfiest things ever - they seem to have made a bit of a comeback in the past couple of years. I bought a pair but they just don't feel the same somehow.

Comment

Working...
                                X